PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Blues Bison

Yeah, I spent some time with it too.

Isn't that the year working on cars was banned @ SF? You had something to do with IIRC LOL.

'10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

'91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

The exhaust is back in.

No fun working with 2 splinted fingers...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

'91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Rear wheels waxed & installed...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190904_151054.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	52573

Yes. Yes and Yes.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Finally have a car worthy of this.

Name:	20190904_150959.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	149.7 KB 
ID:	52575

Name:	20190904_151026.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	112.3 KB 
ID:	52576

Great job David!

Does the intake only have two threaded holes for the intake plaque? If so..bummer.
    ~David~

Exp intake, just 2 holes. I may tap it @ a later date. The other screws are safe in the glove box.

That would bother me. Id drill and tap for sure.
    ~David~

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    Yeah, I spent some time with it too.

Isn't that the year working on cars was banned @ SF? You had something to do with IIRC LOL.
    Yes... my car died that year. Lunched intake valve 1. Theory was the casting flash caught the valve and the piston slapped it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I'm sort of thinking that next time I have to do a tank, I'm pulling the studs and making new, longer ones. Allthread should be fine, just making the things an inch longer would make life a lot less difficult.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

No mean-spiritedness here. IPreferDIY's Avatar

I remember seeing stuff about Ford selling replacements that are really long but notched so that you can break off the excess after installation. Dunno about model years etc.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box "tuba" (in place of the "trumpet"), headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, NKL4 PCM (from a 2000 CVPI, nothing great there apart from highway cruising), KYB Gas-A-Just shocks (after >202,000 km on originals)

Quote Originally Posted by IPreferDIY View Post
    I remember seeing stuff about Ford selling replacements that are really long but notched so that you can break off the excess after installation. Dunno about model years etc.
    Yes, they have the replacement studs, when I took them out I could see where it had been snapped.
    I looked into it & they do have extra long studs with a weak spot built in. I did not want to wait for Ford to order them & used threaded rod. Hindsight I should have ordered the correct part. It looks like a ghetto rig.
    Luckily you can't see it unless you are under the car.

Name:	20190905_090655.jpg 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	52581

Front wheels came in today.
    First time it has been on the ground since reg ran out in '10.
    Roughed in the dist & she fired right up, base timing now set to 14.
    Hope to get it registered tomorrow.

Also added a third rib to the roof rack.

Reg'd & ins'd om Fri. Was going to get in inspected on Sat, HOWEVER, on my test drive it would not shift out of firsr AND when I parked it fuel was pouring out above the pass rear wheel....

Keep at it. I wanna see this car in the light!
    ~David~

Go to the light.
    Go to the light.
    Go-o to de lite.

Name:	20190908_142219.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	52604

Note the Blues Bison on top...
    He likes Robert Johnson, Buddy Guy, Jake & Elwood among others...

Name:	20190908_142228.jpg 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	52605

Fuel leak resolved. One more quart of ATF did the trick. Still shifts softly, have to look @ TV cable.
    New wheels will go on after inspection as PA doesn't like spacers over 1/4".

BTW, the tach sig comes from green/LT grn right?

Everything but the drivers door lock works.
    Tailgate window is sluggish.
    AC is not as cold as I remembered it to be...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast