Name:	20200616_132136.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	1287162Click image for larger version

Name:	20200616_132309.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1287163

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Was feeling kind of doggie off the line & at lower rpms, found base timing at 16°. It is very similar to an engine that was in the yellow Capri that liked 16, I took it down to 12 and it is much more snappy.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Also tightened the TV cable a hair.

David, is this the street or street/strip calibration?

Comment

some things don't like more timing. I've had 4 302 powered things, and my Towncar has had multiple iterations of things. Never had one that responded well to anything beyond stock timing. Mostly they just ping. Fancy plugs also seem to do that. Swapped the iridium plugs in the Mark VII for boring copper ones, fixed the pinging, the rolling idle on hot restart, and got some extra power from it too.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

On the Capri, through much dragstrip testing 16 initial was the hot ticket.
            This car is probably over a thousand lbs heavier. It also has a stock HO cam.
            I would love to get it to a good test & tune day but I cannot find one that provides more than 3 or 4 passed, can't seem to learn anything that way.
            At the local track in years past you could get a leisurely 30 or more passes in one day.
            I always use plain old copper in a n/a performance engine, Motorcraft or Autolite please....

Comment

The Mad Marquis liked 14. The Mark VI preferred 15 IIRC, though it would work fine up to about 20. That was an HO though and theories have it using an E303 cam or some such the way it lopes and hunts at idle. The rest of my stuff is 4.6L.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                Also tightened the TV cable a hair.

David, is this the street or street/strip calibration?
                I dont remember what B&M one I installed. I tried looking on this forum for what I did but must not have documented it well.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  I dont remember what B&M one I installed. I tried looking on this forum for what I did but must not have documented it well.
                  Ok, thanks

Comment

Finally got the door panels back on, tightened the door lock actuator so the door locks consistently now. Also got the GMQ armrest light project completed. Used some random LEDs that I found in the box o bulbs. Looks good. I took some sheet plastic & glued it to the paper barrier, I had tried the plastic from junkyard cars but was not happy.

Comment

Sad day, put away for the winter.

Comment

Working...
                      X