No announcement yet.

The Blues Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new tank arrived. The seam on one side and all corners were bent.
    They are shipping a new one.
    No replacement level senders available anywhere.
    Sent it out to be refurbed.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Ordering some Eastwood stuff to address a few issues on the yellow, white, black and blue cars....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Exhaust is BBK shorties into stainless Pypes carted X pypes to locally bent steel tails.
        Repainting tails, Rustoleum engine primer. Will be painted w/Rustoleum Engine Aluminum.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20190714_150140.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1285577

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190714_150126.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1285578

Comment

Pondering weather to paint the new gas tank or not. It is coated with invisible sticky stuff that would need to be removed first.
          Was thinking self etch primer & Rusteoleum, or maybe bed liner?

Comment

The sticky stuff seems to be good at keeping moisture out. My new tank has been on for several years and looks like new. No salt exposure though.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

even the stock tanks tend to take a good while to rust. The galvanized coating makes them difficult to paint anyway. I'd leave it. If you want to paint something, paint up inside the car where the tank sits.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                If you want to paint something, paint up inside the car where the tank sits.
                There is minor surface rust up there, ordered some Eastwood stuff...

Comment

Been away for work. The 2nd tank was also damaged, 2 dents, seam does not seem to be compromised on this one. The packaging is almost nonexistant, very thin box, no material other than a few pieces of cut up box on the ends...

Comment

My mother had purchased two porcelain cookie jars. Seller put them both in a cardboard box with one sheet of paper between the two. Needless to say they did not make it. People just dont care or are two ignorant to realize that it wont suffice.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Seems to be epidemic with car parts though. Almost nothing is packaged well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I bought some parts from Advance Auto that were shipped directly from Goodmark Industries. Excellent packing.

Almost everything is packed with a wing and prayer that a sheet of paper will keep it all together. Bought a numbers matching headlight bucket for the Mustang a couple years ago. Arrived in three pieces. Seller refunded but what a shame.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I've gotten NOS lenses that arrived packed the same way, box contains just a bunch of shiny plastic shards.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Found a cool site...

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/auta_details1.php

Comment

I wanted to go 17" deepdish on the front but they only have them in 18.

Size:18x9Placement:Front or RearOffset:1.18 Inches, 30mmBackspacing:6.18 Inches, 157mm

I was able to accurately measure the rears, Bo putting 310 lbs of people in addition to the approx 100 lbs of stuff in the tailgate area & supporting it by the suspension. I don't know how to simulate front compression. Maybe put 3 peeps in the front seat?

Comment

Anyone have a clue if these wheels will fit without issue? (Have 1.5" spacers already)

Comment

Working...
                                X