X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
    Meant to post this link....

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/m...uire/1987.html

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post

I was able to accurately measure the rears By putting 310 lbs of people in addition to the approx 100 lbs of stuff in the tailgate area & supporting it by the suspension. I don't know how to simulate front compression. Maybe put 3 peeps in the front seat?
      Looking at it, I guess I could disconnect the front shocks to simulate susp travel.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190726_212549.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	1285608

Name:	20190726_212523.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	1285609

Took small wire brush the the surface rust in the tank well, will clean w/lacquer thinner & paint w/rust converter.

Comment

There wasn't enough rust to convert, never turned black! Hit it with rust encapsulator.

Comment

Ordered the front wheels & tires.
            modded the fuel pump hanger for the Mustang pump.

Name:	20190831_155619.jpg
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1285792

Have to collect parts for Mass Air swap & rebuild a set of 24 lbs once it is running.

Comment

Looks like the same mod I did on my Towncar. Hose clamps fix many problems.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Can't fix this with a hose clamp....

Name:	20190831_214824.jpg
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	1285793

Comment

gonna need some duct tape and zip ties on that one.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Finally got the freakin' tank in...
                    Last edited by mitymerc; 09-04-2019, 10:55 AM. Reason: Speeling

Comment

VICTORY!

I remember helping put the tank back in the Shooting Brake and that was a real PITA too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah, I spent some time with it too.

Isn't that the year working on cars was banned @ SF? You had something to do with IIRC LOL.

Comment

The exhaust is back in.

No fun working with 2 splinted fingers...

Comment

Rear wheels waxed & installed...

Name:	20190904_151054.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1285805

Comment

Yes. Yes and Yes.
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Finally have a car worthy of this.

Name:	20190904_150959.jpg
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1285807

Name:	20190904_151026.jpg
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1285808

Great job David!

Comment

Working...
                                X