No announcement yet.

The Blues Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to make the studs extra long to get it in. I was not able to get the straps onto the studs. Like Thain said the straps almost seemed like they were too short.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
      Found dist.
      On top of engine wrapped in a t shirt...

No memory of why it was removed.

It is now in BB, been running for 15 min, no failure as of yet.
      Ran for an hour, did not shut off.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I've washed it 3 times now, actually looks pretty good for having sat for 9 yrs.
        I still want to clay, & wax it.
        Cleaned the front armrest switch plates, they look pretty good.

I could not find the lamp harness for the lighted armrests today, attempted to cobble connectors & sockets. When I got home from the yard I realized I got the wrong connectors...

Comment

Sprayed Eastwood internal frame coating inside the front doors as a preventative. The bottom edges of the doors have the barest beginnings of rust @ the seams, picked the seam sealer off drv side. I'm going to use rust encapsulator & re seam seal it.

Comment

Their rust goop is good stuff but wear gloves. Its pretty difficult to get off your hands. I used the converter and the encapsulator inside the bumpers on the Conti. Shiny side on the ones I got are nice, inside was not so nice. Figured I should put something in there to hopefully keep them from rotting from the inside out.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Since I had to take the door panels off I did all the door-ish projects that were collected up.

Replaced Window motor, Door lock motor and switch on drivers door.

Did 1 touch down on both front doors. hind sight I should have done both up/down though.

Replaced the door speakers and installed later speaker pods.

Still need to address the tiny bit of rust on the bottom of the door skins before I put the panels on.

Comment

The Blues Bison story...

It’s Blue, It’s big, My son donated his Bison to ride in it. We like The Blues… Must be the Blues Bison!
                1987 LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon.
                We are the 5th owners. The previous owners were all affiliated with the Ford dealer that originally sold it. The Owner of the dealership, then the Sales Mgr, the Service Mgr and the Tech that originally prepped it.

I Bought it almost sight unseen.
                The PO saw the MegaMerc at a burnout contest, we got to talking & he told me about it and how he wanted to do an HO swap. At that time the car was used as a vacation car & has been all over the country

We started bumping into each other at various car shows and race tracks and became friends, I knew him for years and had never seen the car. I asked for 1st dibs if he ever wanted to sell it. One day the phone rang. It was time....
                Me “Ok I’ll take it.”
                PO “But you’ve never seen it.”
                Me “I’ve seen some of your other cars, I know your work.
                PO “I didn’t tell you what I want for it”
                Me “I know you’ll be fair”
                PO “But you have never driven it”
                Me “I’ll drive it on the way to the notary”
                I bought it and commenced part throwing…
                Lots of cast off stuff from the race car & other projects: Aluminum GT-40’s, Explorer intake & T-body, HO cam, Shorty headers, X pipe, Single chamber Thunderbolts, custom bent tails, Trac lock and 4:10’s from a crashed Mach one etc…
                It was repainted in it’s factory color about 3 years before I got it. In the short time it was running it made several trips to the Drags and won “Best 80’s Car in a show.
                The Trans had been replaced with a recently rebuilt AOD from an E150…
                The AOD puked not long after I got it. Stuck it in the garage on the back burner. Couple weeks later I bumped into the PO he was very apologetic. My answer was I bought a used car, an old used car, something broke, big deal.
                He showed up at my garage with the original tranny. It had been removed when the rebuilt one became available right before a trip to the west coast.
                I put a shift kit, hi rev governor and higher stall convertor in it before installation.
                A few days later it randomly stopped shifting.
                Back on the Jackstands, trans out & project stalled due to time and funds.
                Fast Fwd nine (yes 9) years, 2 or 3 years ago I decided to use the HI rev governor in the Mega Merc. It wouldn’t leave 1st gear. Hmm. Yep the governor was bad. Even after all that time when I called Trans Go for support and told them how long I had it they had me send it back to be checked out. Their Tech Dept called me they found a spec of dirt hanging it up. They were going to rebuild it and send it back. Instead they sent me a BRAND NEW ONE. NO CHARGE, NOT EVEN SHIPPING.
                So it’s finally back together.

Comment

Very cool that they took care of you despite the time. Governors are funky, but pretty simple. I had the same problem with the one in the Continental, it was packed with trash. Took it apart and flushed it with Brakleen and it worked again.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I’m glad I’m not the only one with long term (and sometimes long dormant) projects. Glad this one is making progress. Been reading about it in your signature for years!
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I really like this wagon.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks man, that means alot to me!
                        Last edited by mitymerc; 09-28-2019, 07:55 AM. Reason: Speeling

Comment

Finished cleaning the seam sealer from the bottom edges of the doors, painted with reur encapsulator.
                          Tightened up the alt belt & eradicated the squeal.

Comment

Attempted to add arm rest lights...
                            Could not find a donor for the bulb sockets.
                            Went to a couple yards & found some that looked like they would work also found appropriate connectors, soldered, shrink tubed, now hidden behind door panels, armrests etc. The sockets are physically too large to fit. Maybe I can clearance the insides of the armrests but don't want to. I think it is just going back together without the "chrome cups" for now. I will have to find correct sockets later.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                              Found dist.
                              On top of engine wrapped in a t shirt...

No memory of why it was removed.

It is now in BB, been running for 15 min, no failure as of yet.
                              Well, it developed a miss at full throttle right before it shifted on Sat night 2 weeks ago, not a good portent for consistency. I had planned on going to the track next morn, abort. Had to work the next Sun.

Ordered a new dist, arrived broken, ordered replacement, came while I was away for work. Just got back last night, Replaced Dist & installed Ford Racing Plugwires (did not come with short dist wire UGH).

The Dog and I went for a spirited test drive, all is good, gassed up, went to the carwash, collected up some stuff for the track. Got up early so we could go race this morn. Currently 100% rain bouncing from 40 to 90% rest of day. Bummer. Have to work next Sunday. Double Bummer. Next Sun is last race of year. Triple Bummer...
                              Last edited by mitymerc; 10-20-2019, 08:27 AM. Reason: Speeling

Comment

I heard a hissing noise under the dash last night. Verified it was not the cat LOL. I did a cursory look around & see nothing loose, the noise becomes less noticeable on light throttle. I suspect the auto brake release. I didn't know this car had one as it never worked. When I have a few minutes to play I will disconnect & plug the lines & see if the noise goes away.
                                Anyone know the proper name for the "horseshoe"?

Comment

Working...
                                X