No announcement yet.

The Blues Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the parking brake release switch. I replaced mine only to find out the vacuum actuator leaks. Good luck finding another one. I want to know if its close enough to one of the blend door actuators to be able to modify one to fit since theyre still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think they all had it, just most of them have failed by now. I replaced the one on the Continental. That was a horrible job. One of the screws stripped out, the thing moved and it broke the first time I ran it through the gears. So I have a new, broken part in the car. I capped the vacuum lines to it. Screw that thing.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Have not driven the BB since the fall, it does not go out in foul weather.

Moved it today, found this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200426_152206.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1286871

Smells like oil...
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mitymerc; 04-26-2020, 03:53 PM.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

my white Mark VII does that a bit, reasonably sure its the oil drain plug. Not going to attempt fixing it until next oil change for obvious reasons. I bought some new plugs just in case.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Moved car, cleaned up mess.
            Looks like the PS pump is raining.

Name:	20200426_161203.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1286875

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Doesn't appear to be hose or line.

I guess the big o ring.

Comment

Bummer. Always a project....
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The good news is my buddy invited me over to use his lift for the trans swap.

Comment

I attempted to completely rebuild one of those once, and it didn't work. No idea why. The body and regulator O rings are nothing to replace though. Just unscrew the fitting and pop the body off. I tore the whole pump apart. No idea why it refused to work but I guess I did something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                      The good news is my buddy invited me over to use his lift for the trans swap.
                      Ah that is nice. Does he have a fancy tranny jack suitable for lift usage as well?
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Ah that is nice. Does he have a fancy tranny jack suitable for lift usage as well?
                        Yes, we had it out & in in 4 hrs. Held up 2 days waiting for new cooler line filters. Runs great.

Comment

Good to hear it is working well for you.
                          ~David~

Comment

Working on blacking the headlight buckets & grill

Name:	20200601_171922.jpg
Size:	185.5 KB
ID:	1287093

Comment

Name:	20200607_171212.jpg
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	1287161

Now I need a new emblem...
                              Last edited by mitymerc; 06-22-2020, 12:28 PM. Reason: speeling

Comment

Oh yeah. Looks mean.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X