No announcement yet.

The Blues Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the intake only have two threaded holes for the intake plaque? If so..bummer.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Exp intake, just 2 holes. I may tap it @ a later date. The other screws are safe in the glove box.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

That would bother me. Id drill and tap for sure.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
          Yeah, I spent some time with it too.

Isn't that the year working on cars was banned @ SF? You had something to do with IIRC LOL.
          Yes... my car died that year. Lunched intake valve 1. Theory was the casting flash caught the valve and the piston slapped it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm sort of thinking that next time I have to do a tank, I'm pulling the studs and making new, longer ones. Allthread should be fine, just making the things an inch longer would make life a lot less difficult.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I remember seeing stuff about Ford selling replacements that are really long but notched so that you can break off the excess after installation. Dunno about model years etc.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
              mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Originally posted by IPreferDIY View Post
                I remember seeing stuff about Ford selling replacements that are really long but notched so that you can break off the excess after installation. Dunno about model years etc.
                Yes, they have the replacement studs, when I took them out I could see where it had been snapped.
                I looked into it & they do have extra long studs with a weak spot built in. I did not want to wait for Ford to order them & used threaded rod. Hindsight I should have ordered the correct part. It looks like a ghetto rig.
                Luckily you can't see it unless you are under the car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190905_090655.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1285813

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Front wheels came in today.
                  First time it has been on the ground since reg ran out in '10.
                  Roughed in the dist & she fired right up, base timing now set to 14°.
                  Hope to get it registered tomorrow.

Also added a third rib to the roof rack.

Comment

Reg'd & ins'd om Fri. Was going to get in inspected on Sat, HOWEVER, on my test drive it would not shift out of firsr AND when I parked it fuel was pouring out above the pass rear wheel....

Comment

Keep at it. I wanna see this car in the light!
                      ~David~

Comment

Go to the light.
                        Go to the light.
                        Go-o to de lite.

Comment

Name:	20190908_142219.jpg
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1285831

Note the Blues Bison on top...
                          He likes Robert Johnson, Buddy Guy, Jake & Elwood among others...

Name:	20190908_142228.jpg
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1285832

Comment

Fuel leak resolved. One more quart of ATF did the trick. Still shifts softly, have to look @ TV cable.
                            New wheels will go on after inspection as PA doesn't like spacers over 1/4".

Comment

BTW, the tach sig comes from green/LT grn right?

Comment

Everything but the drivers door lock works.
                                Tailgate window is sluggish.
                                AC is not as cold as I remembered it to be...

Comment

Working...
                                X