The Blues Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Blues Bison

Introducing The Blue Bison, so named because it is big & my son donated a stuffed bison to ride in it.
    I think it will finally be roaming the plains this summer.
    Over the past few weeks we have cleaned up almost a decade

Click image for larger version

Name:	1562443140519242989869.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	1304988of stuff that got "stored" in, around and under it. Reinstalled the trans and exhaust, ordered rear wheels, reinstalled the TFI amongst other things. Right now fighting to get it started. The TFI was "borrowed" under hurried circumstances. I neglected to mark the dist. To make things more interesting I was just informed the "fresh" gas I just poured in is from last year's lawnmowing season. Got fuel pressure but it will not burp fart or make any kind of starting noises. Can't reach in to plug cyl #1 w/my finger, may try cyl #5... I believe the TFI I put in is good it was the spare from dragstrip box.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Is this the blue car?"
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yup, it really does exist. LOL

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Hope the rebirth goes well. It always sounded like a fun car. Nice to get it back in action.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I thought I would be working on the fuel pump issue today....
          Dealing with this instead.

Name:	20190707_164435.jpg
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	1285557

Comment

crapola
            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

That sucks. I have a really nice sycamore tree in my yard that's as old as the house and would hate to lose it. It's healthy as an ox but the wind lately has been insane..

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Soooo, The exhaust system we just reassembled is in the way of dropping the gastank. Fun.

Comment

Finally got the tank out.
                  I recall the adventures of reinstalling Donald 's tank @ Scottfest. It took a crew of experienced mechanics to get it back in. Here it's just lil ole me. LOL

Met with 2 tree companies today, one ran away screaming, the other gave us a firm number & will return tomorrow to giter done. The boys & I have to help haul wood for that price though....
                  Last edited by mitymerc; 07-08-2019, 06:40 PM. Reason: Speeling

Comment

mostly the misery part is the short studs. If you can get them to back out some it helps, or just sub them for threaded rod will make your life easier. Apparently the stock fasteners were a snap-off design, which is why they're just barely long enough to hold it when tight and an absolute bear to get back together.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Gotcha. 1 came out as a bolt. The other is still Studley like.
                      Did not touch it today, worked on getting the tree out. I will need a new fuel float assy. Any idea where to get one? Green doesn't have it...
                      Did not get the pump out yet, I am expecting another rusted out horror show.

Comment

I wonder if the 89-91 type will fit.

Comment

Float or fuel level sensor unit?

Floats are easy, shared among lots of Ford stuff from 60’s-80’s: https://www.amazon.com/Brass-Ford-Fu.../dp/B01GFDB428

The fuel level sensor is unabtanium. But you can probably fix yours. Or at least use sedan parts to fix yours. Here’s a write up I did: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ght=Resistance
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                            Float or fuel level sensor unit?

Floats are easy, shared among lots of Ford stuff from 60’s-80’s: https://www.amazon.com/Brass-Ford-Fu.../dp/B01GFDB428

The fuel level sensor is unabtanium. But you can probably fix yours. Or at least use sedan parts to fix yours. Here’s a write up I did: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ght=Resistance
                            Thanks I'll check it out.

Name:	20190709_213949.jpg
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1285559

The meter shows infinity...

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              mostly the misery part is the short studs. If you can get them to back out some it helps, or just sub them for threaded rod will make your life easier. Apparently the stock fasteners were a snap-off design, which is why they're just barely long enough to hold it when tight and an absolute bear to get back together.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yes, that is what I had to do. SPent a lot of time attempting to get the new tank on the oem studs. Gave up and got threaded rod^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X