PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Blues Bison

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

even the stock tanks tend to take a good while to rust. The galvanized coating makes them difficult to paint anyway. I'd leave it. If you want to paint something, paint up inside the car where the tank sits.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    If you want to paint something, paint up inside the car where the tank sits.
    There is minor surface rust up there, ordered some Eastwood stuff...

'10 Escape LTD. V6 AWD, K&N, Bullitt wheels.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

'91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Been away for work. The 2nd tank was also damaged, 2 dents, seam does not seem to be compromised on this one. The packaging is almost nonexistant, very thin box, no material other than a few pieces of cut up box on the ends...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

'91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, 'Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

My mother had purchased two porcelain cookie jars. Seller put them both in a cardboard box with one sheet of paper between the two. Needless to say they did not make it. People just dont care or are two ignorant to realize that it wont suffice.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Seems to be epidemic with car parts though. Almost nothing is packaged well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

I bought some parts from Advance Auto that were shipped directly from Goodmark Industries. Excellent packing.

Almost everything is packed with a wing and prayer that a sheet of paper will keep it all together. Bought a numbers matching headlight bucket for the Mustang a couple years ago. Arrived in three pieces. Seller refunded but what a shame.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

I've gotten NOS lenses that arrived packed the same way, box contains just a bunch of shiny plastic shards.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I wanted to go 17" deepdish on the front but they only have them in 18.

Size:18x9Placement:Front or RearOffset:1.18 Inches, 30mmBackspacing:6.18 Inches, 157mm

I was able to accurately measure the rears, Bo putting 310 lbs of people in addition to the approx 100 lbs of stuff in the tailgate area & supporting it by the suspension. I don't know how to simulate front compression. Maybe put 3 peeps in the front seat?

Anyone have a clue if these wheels will fit without issue? (Have 1.5" spacers already)

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post
    Meant to post this link....

https://www.automobile-catalog.com/m...uire/1987.html

Quote Originally Posted by mitymerc View Post

I was able to accurately measure the rears By putting 310 lbs of people in addition to the approx 100 lbs of stuff in the tailgate area & supporting it by the suspension. I don't know how to simulate front compression. Maybe put 3 peeps in the front seat?
    Looking at it, I guess I could disconnect the front shocks to simulate susp travel.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190726_212549.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	52319

Name:	20190726_212523.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	65.5 KB 
ID:	52320

Took small wire brush the the surface rust in the tank well, will clean w/lacquer thinner & paint w/rust converter.

There wasn't enough rust to convert, never turned black! Hit it with rust encapsulator.

Ordered the front wheels & tires.
    modded the fuel pump hanger for the Mustang pump.

Name:	20190831_155619.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	52559

Have to collect parts for Mass Air swap & rebuild a set of 24 lbs once it is running.

Looks like the same mod I did on my Towncar. Hose clamps fix many problems.

Can't fix this with a hose clamp....

Name:	20190831_214824.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	52560

gonna need some duct tape and zip ties on that one.

Finally got the freakin' tank in...
    Last edited by mitymerc; 09-04-2019 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Speeling

VICTORY!

I remember helping put the tank back in the Shooting Brake and that was a real PITA too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast