No announcement yet.

The Blues Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrgh, now drvr window won't open w/o help.
    I'll just leave it open when I go for insp.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Some silicone spray on hand?

Shoot some down the sides of the window. May be enough to help it out.

Since you have to get in there eventually for the door lock clean up the tracks nice and good and spread some new schmoo on the regulator to get her going again.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Sillycone did not help. Ordered motor.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Replaced the steering wheel cover of pain

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190911_121522.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	1285848

With this...

Name:	20190911_121535.jpg
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1285849

Name:	20190911_124233.jpg
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	1285850

Comment

Nasty under there?

I sewed on a nice leather wheel skinz ages ago. For how little use the car gets it has not aged the best but it was nice when new. lol Baseball stitch and all to make it look factory.

Cannot go wrong with ford though.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Bonus!
              Ford included the power for lighted arm rests.

Name:	20190911_115908.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1285852

Name:	20190911_120703.jpg
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1285851
              Last edited by mitymerc; 09-11-2019, 02:41 PM. Reason: Speeling

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Nasty under there?
                Not really, just small diameter & hard on hand.

I have wondered if a Fox Mustang wheel would drop on...

Comment

Replaced drvr lock actuator & window motor.
                  Going to rustproof the interior when the goop arrives.

Many parts gave been collected while car was down.
                  Installing 90 speaker pods & new speakers on front doors, have the goodies for express down , I think I have all the stuffs for the lighting in the armrests.

Comment

Shut off w/no warning on way to Church tonight, fired back up & did it again almost immediately and would not fire. We pushed it into a parking space. My wife & other son were lagging behind, gave us a ride.

Went back later w/unknown TFI, started right up, let it idle for about 10 mins while we put tools & stuff away. Picked up my wife, returned to car and all seemed good,,,,,, till it shut off again 5 blocks from home. Restarted & made it to garage.

Nothing looks funny though there was a slight "hot electronic smell".

Will pursue tomorrow, um later today...

Comment

Installed new TFI, stalled after about 10 min @ idle. Restarted immediately no prob, stalled again. Swapped coil, ran for about 10, died, restarted, been idling about 1/2 hr, no stall.

Comment

try a distributor if you haven't. Bad pickups will give the same symptom. Also worth shaking the wiring at the coil. I've had wires break right at the connector inside the insulation before.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Will do. I have a spare HO, I don't know if it still has a dist though.

Comment

Found dist.
                            On top of engine wrapped in a t shirt...

No memory of why it was removed.

It is now in BB, been running for 15 min, no failure as of yet.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              I'm sort of thinking that next time I have to do a tank, I'm pulling the studs and making new, longer ones. Allthread should be fine, just making the things an inch longer would make life a lot less difficult.
                              The tank doesn't suck when the nuts come separate from the studs. Took me 10 minutes to do the tank in the coupe because the nuts actually came off the studs.

Comment

I didn't have problems with the nuts coming off the Towncar, it just seemed like the straps shrunk as soon as they came off. If I'd had 1/2" more of thread it wouldn't have been an issue but I had a very hard time getting the strap shove up far enough to get the threads on the nut to catch.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X