Metro Detroit Meet - 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metro Detroit Meet - 2019

Hey guys. I do plan to take a trip up to Metro Detroit again this year.

Unfortunately, the usual weekend (the one before Labor Day week) happens to be a family member's 98th(!!!) birthday, so I will be in Nashville TN to celebrate.

Would you all like to meet another weekend? My schedule is pretty flexible.

I'm planning to take my 89 Colony Park with the Explorer motor this time Starting work on the swap next weekend!
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

As long as it's not the first weekend in August I should be able to do any weekend.

I might bring The Ice Car this time, snow tires and all.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I intend to be present. No dates blocked out yet for me, but prefer not super short notice. Vehicle TBD...but I think we all know what I'm hoping it'll be.

Current driver: Ranger
      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
      | 88 TC | 91 GM
      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
        I intend to be present. No dates blocked out yet for me, but prefer not super short notice. Vehicle TBD...but I think we all know what I'm hoping it'll be.
        Definitely the Ranger. Definitely.

Ashley and I should be able to attend no problem, same thing about the super short notice. I don't think we've missed a metro meetup yet. Although if it rains I'll be driving the pick up.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

2015, 2017, 2018. You and Ashley have been to them all, at least all the ones the current Detroit group has had. There were a bunch of Detroit area members that all seemed to disappear shortly before we came around. I've seen some old threads on their meets and sounded pretty similar to our style, informal time to hang out chat about cars or whatever topic comes up.

I also was looking at pictures of the 2015 meet. Man, I thought The Ice Car looked like crap back then but now there's not much left. I'd still like to bring it though since I've had way more fun with that car, so I'll likely bring what's left of it.

Any date suggestions yet?
          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Sweet, I can't remember much. I think our first meet up was at Athen's. Shame that place got sold. It's also terrible that Pasqualie's closed up. That was another place which could have hosted as their parking lot is huge. Food was pretty decent and very affordable too.

How about something within three weeks?

I've also got some ideas for the Ice Car. Don't think you'd like them though haha.

Comment

I would love to join you....someone throw out a date. Derek you ever do your heater core?

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Nope!

I might just let that slide for another year or three. Might even sell the car. $6,000 and it's all someone else's

Comment

I also still have a couple of fuel level sending units with Derek's name on them. We haven't gotten around to that yet either.

Both my grandma and my wife's grandma are not doing well. There is a chance I may sit this one out depending on timing. Any date other than first weekend in August works for me, but that could change quickly given their current situations.
                  Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Just throwing it out there, I'm planning to go to RoadKill Nights in Pontiac the weekend of August, 9. Maybe we could have a mini gathering?

Comment

Me and Vic have been talking about a junkyard run followed by a repairAthon. Vic is gonna hook me up with a pass powerset retrofit. Think it would be cool to have cars lined up with everyone helping each other out . Let's try and pick a place that has space if possible. I can offer my place (lots of space, access to a lift) in Pinckney....know it's a trek for some..
                      Just throwing it out there. Let's at least pick a date....would first weekend in September work(6th)?

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

I can try to keep that weekend open.
                        As long as either of our grandmas don't kick it around that time I should be able to make it.
                        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

My options for travel are making a mid to late September weekend the only possibility. :-(

How’s the weekend of the 14, 21 or 28? Trying to determine my loop around Lake Erie.
                          -Nick M.
                          Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                          03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                            I also still have a couple of fuel level sending units with Derek's name on them. We haven't gotten around to that yet either...
                            Dam right!

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                            Me and Vic have been talking about a junkyard run followed by a repairAthon. Vic is gonna hook me up with a pass powerset retrofit. Think it would be cool to have cars lined up with everyone helping each other out . Let's try and pick a place that has space if possible. I can offer my place (lots of space, access to a lift) in Pinckney....know it's a trek for some..
                            Just throwing it out there. Let's at least pick a date....would first weekend in September work(6th)?
                            Ashley and I would be down for that. Not sure about Pinckney though, and if we're gettin' dirty I won't be in the Town Car..

Originally posted by JeffBoudah View Post
                            Just throwing it out there, I'm planning to go to RoadKill Nights in Pontiac the weekend of August, 9. Maybe we could have a mini gathering?
                            Ashley and I are debating about going to that this year. A weekend at home with no pants & ice cream sounds much better.

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
                            My options for travel are making a mid to late September weekend the only possibility. :-(

How’s the weekend of the 14, 21 or 28? Trying to determine my loop around Lake Erie.
                            I think we're free on those dates. Keep us posted.

Comment

So if this actually happens I should be able to make it regardless of date. Plus I actually have a panther this time!
                              2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X