Metro Detroit Meet - 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
    It's either going to be my 2006 Lincoln or 1990 Lincoln - we'll see...goal is the 2006!

I'm with Kevin - would prefer a place with decent lighting that won't leave me feeling ill I'm going to either get a hotel in Ohio or Michigan for the night before and somewhere in metro area for Saturday night.
    If taking votes, +1 for the '90.

Dim lighting makes you feel ill? Huh.. Well, now that I think about it, bright lighting can make me nauseous or give me a head ache.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

90 is locked in now - just disassembled the wiper cowling, and tried to spray down stuff under the hood. Parking under trees (my current parking situation) has not helped. I'll drive it up Friday morning. Old faithful will make it at 21mpg.

Yall choose wherever you wanna go...don't bother me any honestly - as long as it's not sushi lol
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

<homer_simpson_voice>
        Mmm, sushi
        </homer_simpson_voice>

I like sushi, but I know many people don't, so we'll find not a sushi place. Lol
        Although most of the "Chinese" buffets do have sushi and there are a couple of those nearby.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Eee, I hate that shit. Annnd Homer Simpson. Was once told I was "unAmerican" for not liking the Simpsons.

Comment

Lol, doesn't the idea of being an "American" mean you're free? Free to not be like me, and that's perfectly fine.

Mark, bring the kids. We're meeting at a park, and they're better behaved than my nephew.

My sister volunteered to watch our kids (daughter and nephew), so the wife plans to attend. Last time she attended with me was 2015 when I only had The Ice Car on the road and it hadn't been named yet. She's complaining about bringing The Ice Car because it looks crappier than The Scab. So that just means I'm bringing The Ice Car, lol.

Also, Will might stop in as well. If any of you want to sell a box panther, he's the guy you need to convince to buy one. He's got the fox with the not quite stock 302 that's begging to find a new home in a box panther. (Preferred color is black, Derek).
            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

LoL yeah, that's how I understand it. But lemmings be lemmings and they're always trying to get you to be more like them whenever you show them you're not. I did like the Simpsons, back when I was single digit in age. Just like with South Park now, I got tired that nothing aged. Last I remember they still even drove the same late 70's or 80's ish car with a crumpled fender and still had the shitty TV. I'd like to see drop-out Bart, old diabetic Homer and such...

Oh cool, we remember that. I think that was our biggest turn out and one of the last times Ash and I went to Athen's Coney Island. Miss that place.

That's the dude who came over to help unload that Vortec engine, right? LoL I tried last year. And this time I am ready to sell mine. Tell 'em to bring $6,000 cash and it's his. I'll bring the title and related service documents and stuff. My plan was to store it for the winter and list it in the spring. I need the cash to help recoup from Ashley's medical expenses and then do some maintenance on the property. I've got at least five trees which need to come down.

Oh, what time are we starting this shindig?

Comment

Yes, the guy that helped find the engine, haul the engine to his place, then haul it to your place, and has offered to haul it to the next location. I told him before, $6k and it could be his. I'll keep working on him, but I don't know if I'd be optimistic enough to bring a title on Saturday. I ask today or tomorrow if he for sure can make it though. I just told him about the meet yesterday, but it sounded like he was on board.

Kevin set the time on the FB event for 11. The weather looks pretty nice for Saturday so we'll be there a while. I know I usually grab a light lunch on the way there, then by around 3:00 I'm ready to find some food.
                I'll show up around 11 and maybe do some last minute cleaning (hook up the inverter and vacuum cheerios if I don't find time before then) until everyone else shows up.
                Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

LoL ok, just making sure I had the name right. I was semi joking, mostly just showing my enthusiasm & willingness to sell. I wasn't planning on bringing the title..

Oh, well I never use FB.. The only time I pop on is when I'm tagged in something. That gives me time to detail the car in the morning. Maybe I'll bring a "For Sale" sign.

Comment

Just park next to The Ice Car. Instant detailing with minimum effort.
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                      Just park next to The Ice Car. Instant detailing with minimum effort.

We'll probably be the first ones there so I think I'll do that.

Comment

I should still be able to make it. Provided I can haul myself out of bed at a decent hour. I have a photography class two hours from home friday night that doesn't end until 10:00 P.M. What time are we planning to meet and where at? I haven't been around here much lately so I've missed a few things.
                        2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

3001 E Thirteen Mile Rd, Warren, MI 48092

Early birds will be there around 11:00. We'll probably do what we've done in the past and hangout until about 3:00 before deciding on a place to get some food.
                          Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                            3001 E Thirteen Mile Rd, Warren, MI 48092

Early birds will be there around 11:00. We'll probably do what we've done in the past and hangout until about 3:00 before deciding on a place to get some food.
                            I would imagine I'd easily be able to make it by noonish.
                            2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Sounds like good timing to me.
                              Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

My attendance is confirmed, aiming to leave home around 10:30 if all goes as planned, and this should put me there shortly after 11.

Current driver: Ranger
                                Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                                | 88 TC | 91 GM
                                Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                                Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                                | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                                X