Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Hi Everyone
    i am in the UK i have a 1988 Mercury Wagon with water in the passenger front and back foot wells .
    The front well now has a couple of small rust holes which i need to get repaired.
    Does anyone know if replacement parts are available floor pan sections , door rubbers etc
    and who to go to for them.
    Not sure where water/rain is coming from is this a common problem ?
    THANKS FOR ANY HELP
    Lloyd
    Last edited by Lloyd; 07-11-2019, 05:40 PM.

check the HVAC vent drain hole. If it gets clogged, it tends to flood the car. That's actually the usual suspect for that. Also check the gasket under the vent screen. It can be replaced with any silicon rubber gasket or a really FAT bead of RTV.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks,
      Where do i find the HVAC Vent Drain Hole, is it under the hood ?
      Sorry If Im Being A Bit Dim
      Thanks
      Lloyd

Comment

no prob. It is under the hood. Look on the passenger side of the car and you'll find the black plastic housing of the HVAC plenum that the blower is mounted on. Look through the screen on top of the wiper cowl. If you see a lot of dirt in the bottom of the chamber there, the hole is probably clogged. Remove the screen and clean out the chamber and you should be able to find the hole and clean it out.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks Sly
          Will give it ago
          Cheers

Comment

Welcome! Post some pics of your wagon, when you find the time.
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
            X