Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie...and will be looking for some help

Hi all,

I'm a Noob here, and will also be looking for some help. I also don't know if I am in the right place...meaning that perhaps my car is a bit too old...but I'll give it a shot. I'll post my question in the correct place. Anyway...a bit about me and my car. I have been feverishly working on my Grandpa's '76 Mercury Grand Marquis. He bought this car in '78 and it has been in our family ever since. I bought it from my Uncle, who got it when my Grandfather passed away. I have memories of this car from a long time ago and my Grandpa hauling us grandkids downtown to get ice cream cones. I have had tucked away in storage, and finally brought it out and have been wrenching on it to get it ready for a family reunion in a couple of weeks. It has a 460 motor, C6 auto tranny, power everything, and the front end arrives a 1/2 hour before I do. I love it dearly and it means more to me than my 68 Chevelle SS396.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1822.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1305002

Welcome!

We've got a section for the older barges, although most of our knowledge is with the later boxes ('79-'91). There are a few people on here who know quite a bit about the older barges (not me, I tend to mainly know '86-'91).

The car looks great. Good luck with it.
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Cool car. Welcome to the forum and have fun with the car.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

When I was a kid we had that same car in grey. Ours was the base Marquis, same body but it was the lower trim level. 460 power though, I fondly remember the sound of that massive 4bbl opening up when passing people heading to the shore for the weekend.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Start stocking up on spare parts if you have the room to do so. Getting harder to find. I have a 75 Ford LTD with the 460/C6. good combination. Your Merc looks sharp.

Comment

Working...
          X