Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

miss?

got a miss i cant figure out need help.
    ford 302 efi ho new distributor cap,rotor,spark plugs,wires,tfi module,fuel injectors,coil,egr deleted new tps.
    at idle no miss just when accelerating you hear the miss
    Last edited by rellik god; 07-25-2019, 04:28 PM.

Is the timing tight and correct? Is the EGR delete sealed proper? Are all the plugs and wires still seated proper? I would check to make sure all the replaced stuff is still seated proper and hasn't come loose.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

How are your plug wires routed? If 5 and 6 run next to each other it can cross-fire and cause this.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Was all the new ignition stuff put in at the same time? Was the miss present before replacing everything or did it develop some time after replacing everything?
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

miss present before replacing everything.ignition stuff put in at the same time. timing correct.have to check If 5 and 6 run next to each other
          thanks for replys

Comment

Sounds like a good plan. It's pretty unlikely that both the old and new ignition parts would be faulty.
            Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

I may not remember correctly but I think there are two sets of wires which need to cross each other. If you look closely at the correct ford diagram you can actually see the crossed wires as part of the diagram. Maybe just the HO order has two?
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                I may not remember correctly but I think there are two sets of wires which need to cross each other. If you look closely at the correct ford diagram you can actually see the crossed wires as part of the diagram. Maybe just the HO order has two?
                Yeah, there's two sets that's supposed to do a under-over pattern.

My Cars:
                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

still got miss could my fuel pump cause this.fuel pressure is at 36 psi and no leak down

Comment

Not sure. If 36psi is normal (I think it is), then I don't think so.
                    Have you double checked the electrical connectors to the injectors? If the miss is the same as before everything was replaced, that may not be it either. Although, maybe double check to see if any of the injector connectors or wires have any obvious issues. Perhaps putting a meter on each injector connector while running, one at a time, might tell you if any of them are doing something different than the rest. Goose the throttle and watch the meter.
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Have you tried the power balance test with your tool?
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Do you have good injectors? One thats a bit sticky could cause a misfire.

if the fuel pressure holds under acceleration, thats all you can ask for.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

what are good 19lb injectors to buy

Comment

the last set I bought was from somewhere on ebay that sells rebuilt flow matched sets. Couldn't even tell you who, it was a good while ago.

Comment

I think Scott got the set in my car from the same guy. Again... no clue who that was though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                              X