Gauge cluster bezel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gauge cluster bezel

One of the previous owners of my 87 took a chunk out of the gauge cluster cover and cracked the inner cover. Now the inner cover I know is removable, I have a new one but Im wondering if the outer one is removable as well. It seems to move a little anyway. Ill take pics later if anyone is confused about what Im talking about lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picture will help.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Gauge cluster bezel

I figured lol, I just dont know how to word things sometimes. By the way no thats not my car but its raining and I dont have a pic of mine.

Anyway the bezel I circled, does that seperate from the rest of the dash? Just the clear part I mean because I know the bezel and ac vent are all one piece. I really just need to replace the clear cover and all I can find of the entire bezels are blemished somehow. Im not looking for perfection but Id like to find one in better shape than mine or put a new clear part on my bezel.

Comment

I know i've seen that clear piece come off of a junk yard car, but I can't say for sure whether it will go back on or not. I think it is held on by plastic that breaks if you remove the clear piece (like plastic rivits that are melted to widen and hold), but I could be wrong. The only panther that I've had that was older than '88 was a CV, so no real experience with the older MGMs for me.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Hmm Im sure youre right Ill try to get ahold of another one to compare. Thanks.

Comment

From what I have observed, that clear piece is glued on. There are alignment holes or tabs on the inside. It is very hard to get it to come off without breaking the whole trim piece. I happen to have a spare panel that is 40% loose. I will be re-gluing it. I have tried to gently get it off. I will not risk breaking it. I know that part is sold separately. If I remember correctly, I have a new one in the ford box .

Comment

I thought Id run out and get a pic so you guys know what Im working with.

The inner one will be replaced soon as I have a spare.

If youre willing to part with one Id snatch it up.

Comment

Personally, I'd just remove the outer clear and keep driving until I found a replacement piece.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I might do just that until I can find one for a decent price. 100 bucks is a bit much for that bezel in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                  X