• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
    Ya’ll school me:
    2,562 Made with that engine/trans.
    8,189 Made with the 18-spoke wheels
    For the 2006 Limited TC

So what engine/trans were those other 5,627? Was there a mid year change?
    Maybe that’s the change over from the 4R70E to the 4R75E considering it’s an early build ‘06.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Flex fuel and non flex fuel cars. Different vin for the motor.

4r75e was used for all DBW cars (2005+)
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

I'm thinking it was a dealer demo car? Perhaps that's why it took so long to "sell?"
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Only 1631 Black produced? That can’t be right.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Signature Series SWB - 1631 were black. PLenty of Signature, and other wheel base/models in black

Just had trans fluid and filter changed today. Orignal fluid with the bobber in the pan. I can tell it shifts better now. Fluid was said to look beautiful for mileage/age.

Car was sold with ~300 or so miles when new- so it literally sat around a LONG time.

I wanted to bleed the brake fluid and replace the pads/rotors. Oye vey - I owned a can of worms. Snapped a bleeder off. This thing has RUST. Good to live in the armpit of the south, junkyard calipers, are on the agenda! I replaced the pressure line for the power steering as it had a small weep behind some rubber. That was an extra crusty crusty line on the passenger side of the car. Quite thin in places. My pulley pusher tool for the power steering pump stripped out while trying to reinstall the pulley - ugh hope I didn't ruin the pump.
            -Nick M.
            Columbia, SC

Comment

Nick,
              I'm back in town for a week or so. It seems you've been adding to the stable in the last few years. Congratulations on your progress with the town car restoration. What's the story about the e39 touring? I don't see many above average condition examples of those.
              Jim
              1987 Grand Marquis LS two door, trying to get to the 60,000 mile mark.

Comment

Nice looking car and fun project to get into. I cringed when I saw where it came from Michigan and Copart. At least you had it checked out before hand.

Some dirt bags will buy a vehicle on that site do a couple quick hacks to make the vehicle look like a easy fix then sell it through Copart again at a major profit to unsuspecting people that are not smart enough to have it looked over first before buying.
                2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

The e39 I purchased a couple of years ago. I've driven it maybe 500 miles? It sits in the garage. The timing chains, guides, and vanos sprocket seals need replacing. Nothing has jumped timing but the M62TU is a ticking time bomb if I don't replace them. Then the front suspension needs a refresh as the struts have leaked out, and 1/2 the rubber crap up front has disintegrated.

Yea It's a rusty car, but not a rotted junker. That's the reason I got it - has the right colors, easy to learn about body panel/fitment/alignment, and the interior literally smells new. I'm still in awe about that. I'm replacing various parts under the car (just like body panels) with non rusty fasteners or replacement pieces. I've definitely seen a few people pulling a quick flip on Copart. Sad. The $100 I paid the guy to go look at it was worth it.
                  -Nick M.
                  Columbia, SC

Comment

So I replaced the calipers (junkyard southern ones), pads (motorcraft), and rotors (coated motorcraft).

I went to use the brakes after replacing and the pedal went to the floor. W T F. I used my Motive power bleeder - pushed fluid through. Mild improvement, still poor. Gave up. Last night, tried doing a ABS Service bleed with ForScan. Gained half the pedal back. Ran it again - no change!

So thought about it - and devised a plan. So tonight, Applied pressure with my bleeder (15psi) at the reservoir. Full of fluid. Then used the ABS Service bleed following on screen instructions. Went to take it for a drive - it drives like these cars did when they were new, perfect pedal feel and reaction. Very very pleased. And of all things, the e-brake works!!! No frozen cables, shocker.

Replaced the power steering pressure line (pinhole), and unfortunately a pump too - the stupid mounting threads in the shaft had too much corrosion and stripped out with the puller/pusher tool. A used Floridian pump fixed that. I filled the shaft with fluid film. I soaked the backing plates where the rotor mounts with fluid film. All that's left is replacing the gas tank (someone crunched it in the middle???), sending unit (no longer works). Quality is not the same on the 2006s. 2003s and 4s were better. Alignment and all other fluids have been done/serviced.
                    -Nick M.
                    Columbia, SC

Comment

I put fluid film/Krown T40/Antisieze everywhere I can upon reassembly. Hate rusty fasteners and rust in general.

Comment

I've been commuting with this car to work, taking it on errands etc. No complaints really -just need to fix the gas pump, tidy up some trim and I will definitely list for sale. See if someone wants to compensate for time/effort....
                        -Nick M.
                        Columbia, SC

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
                          .. See if someone wants to compensate for time/effort....
                          Hahahahahaha ::takes a breath:: Ahahahahahaha! Wishful thinking my friend.

Comment

Yea. I know lol
                            -Nick M.
                            Columbia, SC

Comment

Well, as I've been told in a different thread, "..you can't value your time in what's known as a a labor of love.." or some shit like that haha. So you're supposed to help the next guy out and accept a loss. It's rust free right? That's instantly +$2,000 to asking price at least! Doesn't even have to run!

Comment

Well I am glad i replaced the tank and straps. One strap was paper thing under the paint, the other strap was marginal. The tank was corroded. Garbage. So replacement junkyard tank, new sending unit and....its still not working. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. going to ohm the sending unit this weekend and see whats going on. At least its super easy to service.
                                -Nick M.
                                Columbia, SC

Comment

Working...
                                X