Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 Colony Park Wagon "Large Marge"

Hi all!

I'm putting my 89 Mercury Colony Park Wagon up for sale. Readers ride thread is here: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...New-Adventures.

Overall she's in great shape, and I am constantly getting compliments. I drive her everyday and she's NEVER left me stranded. $4200 OBO

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0455.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	1305010Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0891.jpg
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	1305011Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0883.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	1305012Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0880.jpg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	1305013Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0874.jpg
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1305014Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1263.jpeg
Size:	4.95 MB
ID:	1305015Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1267.jpeg
Size:	4.69 MB
ID:	1305016

Some highlights/upgrades:

-103,000 miles (no its not 203,000)
    -big brake conversion
    -rear disk brakes
    -all new brake line and fuel line everywhere (done right with the proper factory style connectors)
    -HO intake+throttle body
    -Power windows, power mirrors, power locks, auto headlamps, cruise (currently not working but i intend to fix it),
    -Tow package with all the coolers, 3.55 trac-lok rear
    -HPP's with good tires
    -Interior is in excellent shape
    -Newer CD player/radio
    -comes with another tailgate, quarter panel pieces, and rare rear spoiler/wing
    -newer custom exhaust with cats and flowmasters
    -wood vinyl is in excellent condition
    -1 year old KYB shocks all around
    -New water pump, chain, cover gasket, lower intake manifold gasket
    -Baumann shift kit in transmission, level one.
    -newer radiator and hoses, thermostat
    -Brand new battery
    -3G alternator conversion

Negatives:
    -Rear windows need motors
    -rust on the quarters
    -Tailgate rusting in an odd spot
    -clear coat is peeling on the roof and just starting on the hood
    -has heat and A/c but both are a little weak- i believe it is something to do with the ATC sensor
    -rear tailgate refuses to lock
    -has the lopo knock when cold, a common problem that can usually exist for another 100K miles with proper oil changes
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Bump. $3900 for GMN'rs
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Trade you a clean Super Coupe?

I'm 39% serious.
      '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
      formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Sorry Adam, just looking for cash on this one

Bump- Just bought a work van, so I am motivated to sell. Listing for $3200 OBO. I'll list it publicly in about a week if no one on the site is interested
        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Phil. Look into ebay. May potentially be worth it if not too much profit is taken away from fees and such. Some wagons go for some good coin. may get lucky.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Pmed

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

Comment

Oh man, bring it back to Michigan, Mark. This wagon originally started in Michigan at Star Lincoln Mercury of Southfield (look at the last picture).

If you don't I might have to convince the wife that I need it. I need a new DD and the price is in my range (compared to my current top candidates).
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

I am going to buy it, my wife may Filipino stab me for real.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand1 View Post
                  I am going to buy it, my wife may Filipino stab me for real.
                  Just tell her all the balik bayan boxes will fit in the rear of the wagon so she can make a trip to the Philippines. You will be safe !
                  Put a US flag sticker on your side of the rear window, Philippine flag sticker on her side. More points for you.
                  Get her to choose personalized license plates in her language. You can buy any car you want.

To bad my wife does not care in the least about my cars. Her last comment to me was " You can buy any car you want. Just pay me the same amount that you paid for the car. "

Comment

SOLD! Mark AKA Grand1 is bringing the wagon back to Michigan where it began its story. I'm glad it went to someone on here who can appreciate it
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm excited to see it!
                        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

First off, want to give a shoutout to Brown Muscle as he completely prepped the wagon for my trip back....oil change, extra fluids, MANY extra parts...just an awesome experience; glad that our little car club has real stand up people. Made the 11hr trip in one full swoop, easy gliding as the wagon runs awesome! Going to take care of Marge, her name stands.

Comment

Congrats on the purchase.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yea that was a good car.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X