I bought another Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought another Town Car

New car and what I've been up to lately.

So as some here know I had an absolute lapse of judgement in early 2015 and traded my 01 Town Car Executive in on a 2013 Chrysler 200. I have no complaints about the 200 it was 100% reliable, but it was not a panther. On Thursday July 11 I was on the way to pay some bills and some jackass in a early 90's F150 made a left on red in front of me and I rear ended him. I was only going 35 and had slowed to perhaps 20 at the time of impact but it was no use. The collision smashed up my plastic bumper cover, cracked the windshield and deployed both the driver and passenger airbags. That was enough to total a 6 year old car with 99,000 miles on it. Now this wouldn't have been that big of a deal but unfortunately my grandfather passed away out of the blue two days later and that kind of put a damper on things. So after all this I missed two personal days for the accident, it took two days to get the rental a loaded 2019 Nissan Rogue that goes back tomorrow. I also took my 3 paid bereavement days off for the death in the family. Flash forward to Thursday July 11 I go back to work and nobody says a word. I worked Thursday and Friday without incident. Monday I go in to work and work half an hour, the plant manager and my supervisor come get me and tell me I need to speak to HR. Long story short I was fired for not having a death certificate for proof within 48 hours, there was a delay due to who knows what and my family didn't even get copies of the certificates until today. So there was nothing I could do, regardless they didn't care and wouldn't accept anything else. Personally I say good riddance I'm in a position where I can afford to take a few months off to look for another job, and there's not lack of jobs around here. Whether they are decent or not is yet to be seen. All I care about is making enough to get by and not having to deal with total idiots. Besides after only a year and a half that place was getting rough. We went from being pretty laid back to being worked like slaves within about 4 months, for the first year I was there I said it was the best job I'd ever had.

Anyways on to the car. Found this one locally online. It's a white 2003 Town Car signature with a cloth half top, and tan interior, moonroof that works and doesn't leak! It also has functioning air suspension thank god. I'm apparently the fourth owner it was bought new from Fred Bean Lincoln in Doylestown PA. The original owners put 20,000 miles on it in the 3 years they owned it then it made it's way to Canton Ohio where I found it with a whopping 69,500 miles on it. An old registration I found in the glove box shows that since June 2014 it's only been driven 22,000 miles. It's not perfect but it is a 17 year old car, the interior is nearly mint, the canvas top has a few spots starting to fray, no rust on the body, surface rust on the underbody nothing serious. Mechanically it's pretty sound, AC wasn't working got it home and it was about half charged, I put a can and a half of refrigerant in it and it was blowing cold when I took it for an evening drive. Hoping it gets me through the rest of the summer and I'll pay someone to do it right next summer. I know a guy who's good and will give me a good price. Other than that there's something wonky with the silly memory seat function. The drivers power seat and the power mirrors work on the memory function but the seat only moves forward and back when it wants to using the switch, I also can't get the mirrors to function via switch. Other than that the lights in the drivers lock/unlock button and heated seats button don't come on with the headlights. A minor complaint but I like things to work. The only other issue is a slight miss under light load. I've had this on both of my previous 4.6's and it turned out to be a bad ignition coil, no check engine light yet so I may have to wait it out or just swap all 8 of them. You only feel it when your climbing a hill or try to accelerate using very light throttle input. Sorry I don't have any pics, I will get some tomorrow it was dark by the time I got it home.
    Last edited by mercurygm88; 07-30-2019, 03:21 AM.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

​

Welcome back and sorry to hear of your hardships lately. When it rains, it pours so they say.

Had similar sellers remorse after selling my first panther. Nothing wrong with the replacement ride, but I did miss the panther.

With that low mileage, hopefully this one runs for you for a long time.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Thanks, I’m also hoping this one lasts awhile. I’ll have to do my best to protect it from the Ohio salt. Unfortunately they’ve gone to that liquid crap around here the past couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

​

Comment

Awesome about the '03 TC

My condolences to you and your family for the passing of your Grandfather. As for your former job; their loss

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
          Awesome about the '03 TC

My condolences to you and your family for the passing of your Grandfather. As for your former job; their loss
          Thanks

​

Comment

Welcome back, again!

Get it Krowned. If you've seen the underside of Derek's car (and you may have when you were up here) then you've seen a prime example of how well that stuff works (applied annually). Although it might be quite a drive from you to the nearest location: https://www.krown.com/en/locations/
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
              Welcome back, again!

Get it Krowned. If you've seen the underside of Derek's car (and you may have when you were up here) then you've seen a prime example of how well that stuff works (applied annually). Although it might be quite a drive from you to the nearest location: https://www.krown.com/en/locations/

I’ve actually thought about doing that before, if it wasn’t for the distance issue. I figure weekly car washes weather permitting will have to do. It’s worked for other people I know.

​

Comment

Back in the game. Sorry about Grandpa kyle.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Back in the game. Sorry about Grandpa kyle.
                  Thanks Dave

​

Comment

Pics as promised. It was clean yesterday, then I had to park under this damn tree. Back to the car wash I guess.

​

Comment

Sorry to hear about your grandpop, but congrats on not having to work at a place that is so cunty they fire you for not having proof in time.

Car looks nice tho
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        Sorry to hear about your grandpop, but congrats on not having to work at a place that is so cunty they fire you for not having proof in time.

Car looks nice tho
                        Thanks gadget

​

Comment

When life throws punches at us, all we can do is roll and recover. Welcome back!!
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Congrats on the 2003 Sig! Nice way to get around.

Sorry to hear about your granddad. Crummy news.

And for work - that's their loss. Treating staff like you describe will make that place a revolving door of people heading in and out.
                            -Nick M.
                            Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                            03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Working...
                            X