Air Bag Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Air Bag Light

Does this mean there is a sensor that went bad? I drove through 2 floods in less than a week not too long ago. In the 2nd flood, the water was cresting the hood of the car. I noticed the day after the 2nd flood, my a/c compressor makes a squeaking noise. Last night I noticed the air bag light blinking; now it just remains lit up.

Need to know the trouble code. Lots of things can turn that light on. OBD2 cars will read out the air bag codes through the diag port if you have the right scanner.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Will do; I have an OBDII scanner for the MGM. THanks Gadget

Comment

On startup it should flash whatever code is present. Otherwise a scanner will work but not all can access srs codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

right, has to be a scanner that can do SRS stuff. Basic obd2 usually won't.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

OBD Fusion Android App can read those. (In-app purchase per model/year)
            Forscan for Windows (free) can read those as long as windows can see the OBDII adapter.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Forscan lite can be used with your phone (ios or android) and will read srs along with other modules. Its a great app and paired with an elm327 dongle its all you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X