Tv Rod Adjustment, New seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tv Rod Adjustment, New seats

Sup guys, back and ive messes up my transmission i think. Yesterday I installed seats from a newer mustang and got rid of my benchseat. Now i can make my own center console and find a spot for my B&M shifter for the time being. I was so excited that I finished my new seats that i hopped in and drove to my friend house to show them off. We went on a little trip and did a failed launch that turned into a small burnout. Driving bavk to my house the tranny was shaking a little, and made the whole car shake, but just a little. Drove my friend back to his house, and my car didnt want to start cause vapor lock is a bitch, but after about 5mins of coolin down, big red started right up. I put it in D and the car didnt want to go more then 10, it was stuck in first. I shifted it down to 1st thinking maybe i could try the AOD shuffle, but it would of had to be in 2nd for that to work. I get to my turn and let cars pass me because im not tryna get hit by anyone. Get it home. Pull in the drive way to take the seat back out, get them out, finish cleaning them. Put them back in. Get in the car, and it WONT GET INTO DRIVE. I check to make sure i wasnt go crazy, check. Checked my other gears, i had park, i had racecar mode, and nuetral (i guess thats a gear, not really) but i didnt have drive. I put it into first, nothing, OD, nothing. I left for a few hours and moped around the house thinking what i had done to mess it up this bad. Came back and messed with the tv rod, ended up unhooking it completly, and put it in drive, and i magicaly have drive. I told my dad who hasnt ever messes with aod's, hes a chevy guy and kept saying that the tv rod shifts gears, but that makes zero sense becuse i disconnected the tv rod and it went into drive.i didnt go above 5mph, i only wanted to get into the street where its level and check my tranny fluid. It seemed a little brown, but didnt smell burnt, and i had a sufficiant ammount of fluid in there. Ang suggestions i should try next? Ive read that the tv rod has to be a 1:1 ratio between the throtrle and itself. I swapped on an autolite 2bbl from a 71 351C, it doesnt say the model number on it, but i made a bracket from the tv rod to the throttle that gives it a 1:1 ratio, this should work shouldnt it? Ill be back in a few hours to checl and update yall, ill bring pick of the new seats and the tv rod attachment i made.

You should be okay on your TV rod mounting if it maxes out the TV lever at the transmission when you are at WOT, and preferably has minimal TV lever pull at idle.

Hook the TV back up before doing anything else.

So you basically had only one forward gear, first, with the transmission in OD, D, or 1? If that’s the case, could hopefully be that something got hung up on your TV linkage and it remained at max. It will shift to 2nd but you’d need to wind it out to 4500rpm or so. Look for something binding in the linkage and free return to low/no pressure.

Or did you have neutral while in OD or D? If that’s the case, this could be bad.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

At first i didnt have any gear, I was in D and the car wouldnt move, my driveway is at an angle and the car rolls down the driveway in nuetral. Even though it wasnt moving forward, it wasnt rolling backwards. And I think this fixed it but when ever my dad come hometoday he wants to make some sort of pressure guage so we can fully adjust the Tv rod

Comment

https://static.summitracing.com/glob...tci-431000.pdf

it says the gauge block is .390 to .404. Drill bits are the common precise thing.

25/64 is .3906
        10mm is .3937
        X is .3970
        Y is .404

so any of those will get the job done.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate all of it this will help a lot when i hook up a pressure guage.

Comment

Working...
          X