Tv Rod Adjustment, New seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tv Rod Adjustment, New seats

Sup guys, back and ive messes up my transmission i think. Yesterday I installed seats from a newer mustang and got rid of my benchseat. Now i can make my own center console and find a spot for my B&M shifter for the time being. I was so excited that I finished my new seats that i hopped in and drove to my friend house to show them off. We went on a little trip and did a failed launch that turned into a small burnout. Driving bavk to my house the tranny was shaking a little, and made the whole car shake, but just a little. Drove my friend back to his house, and my car didnt want to start cause vapor lock is a bitch, but after about 5mins of coolin down, big red started right up. I put it in D and the car didnt want to go more then 10, it was stuck in first. I shifted it down to 1st thinking maybe i could try the AOD shuffle, but it would of had to be in 2nd for that to work. I get to my turn and let cars pass me because im not tryna get hit by anyone. Get it home. Pull in the drive way to take the seat back out, get them out, finish cleaning them. Put them back in. Get in the car, and it WONT GET INTO DRIVE. I check to make sure i wasnt go crazy, check. Checked my other gears, i had park, i had racecar mode, and nuetral (i guess thats a gear, not really) but i didnt have drive. I put it into first, nothing, OD, nothing. I left for a few hours and moped around the house thinking what i had done to mess it up this bad. Came back and messed with the tv rod, ended up unhooking it completly, and put it in drive, and i magicaly have drive. I told my dad who hasnt ever messes with aod's, hes a chevy guy and kept saying that the tv rod shifts gears, but that makes zero sense becuse i disconnected the tv rod and it went into drive.i didnt go above 5mph, i only wanted to get into the street where its level and check my tranny fluid. It seemed a little brown, but didnt smell burnt, and i had a sufficiant ammount of fluid in there. Ang suggestions i should try next? Ive read that the tv rod has to be a 1:1 ratio between the throtrle and itself. I swapped on an autolite 2bbl from a 71 351C, it doesnt say the model number on it, but i made a bracket from the tv rod to the throttle that gives it a 1:1 ratio, this should work shouldnt it? Ill be back in a few hours to checl and update yall, ill bring pick of the new seats and the tv rod attachment i made.

Check this link out: http://www.txchange.com/aodadj.htm

Good explanation at the bottom for TV rod setups.

Make sure the TV rod isn't binding at any point and the return spring is working (don't ask me where that is cause I've never worked on those).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
    X