No announcement yet.

89 Towncar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, AOD's got spendy to do. I got a killer deal on mine but the usual going rate with the friend discount was around a grand out the door last I know.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That’s Canada for you!
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Hi Guys ...
        As a footnote to this thread, the transmission re-build stood the test of time, still going strong. I sold the cream puff T/C this past August to a Ford dealership here in Ontario. I had it in their shop for a "would not start" issue (I first tried all the tricks in my bag). While there, a guy was taking photos of the car on the hoist, turned out he was the sales manager for the dealership. I struck up a conversation with him, chatting about the impact of the Covid on business, poor sales volume, lack of access to new vehicle inventory, chip shortage, staffing, etc., etc. He had a 12 car showroom with nothing in it, a few 150''s on the lot, two sales persons milling around killing time. Long story short, he did a little due diligence on my T/C, he "made me an offer I couldn't refuse", (approx. double the $$ I had in mind), handed me a certified cheque, he bought the car, then and there. The car was later listed on their dealership site for a $2K markup, re-sold in less than two weeks. I was happy as the car was gone with little effort on my part, no safety check, e-test, etc., no time waisted hanging around for tire kickers knocking the price down, etc. The dealership made a few $$ on the car, win, win, all around.

My thanks for your interest and suggestions for my earlier trans. plight. This deep knowledge base on this site is amazing, most helpful indeed. I'm keeping the 2001 MGM, it's running straight and strong at 150 Km, so, I'll be here on and off, reading and learning, enjoying the comradery.

"Drive Till Ya Drop"

Comment

If everyone walked away happy, I guess thats as good a deal as you could possibly ask for. I wonder how many years its been since a new car dealer sold a 1989 model anything.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Sounds like a good deal if you got double what you had in mind.

Comment

Working...
            X