No announcement yet.

2011 grand marquis lil faster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean the direction of the alternator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

he said i more than likely had a one way pulley on the alternator whatever that means.

Comment

Oh yeah because the pulley is clutched on certain years. I thought that was only the p71 but I could be wrong when it comes to the 08-11 mgm’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I gotta say the duals and pulleys have made it a lot more fun. Jmod or driveshaft next... is one cheaper than the other?

Comment

If you do things yourself, J-mod might be cheaper. J-mod requires valve body gaskets (a few bucks), specified drill bits if you don't have them, a new filter, and new fluid. You might want to replace one or more parts in the valve body itself too if they hadn't sorted out the wear issues by 2011, but I'll leave that for the experts. For the driveshaft, you might get one pretty cheap at a U-pull yard, but it's hard to imagine not changing the U-joints while you're at it, and I'm guessing even the later cars need the extra spacer, which itself is in the $50 or so range.

The driveshaft might give some kind of performance gain from the reduced weight, but probably the big bonus is not having to worry about rust and having fresh U-joints if you replace them. The J-mod is not really a performance enhancer but rather a longevity enhancer. By removing some of the 'comfortableness' of the shifts, there is less wear in the clutch plates.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
            mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

So ive been driving around with the duals and underdrive pulleys for a bit. Id like just a bit more throttle response. The throttle body stuff sounds interesting. Which one would be a good fit for a slight increase

Comment

Working...
              X