Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Ohio!

Hello, everyone!

I found this forum while searching for parts, and I thought I would join in on the fun.

I currently have a 81 LTD sedan. It's the base model, light blue with the 255 and cloth seats. I already did a mild engine rebuild to clean up the heads, but now I am looking towards replacing that boat anchor with something better (probably a 302).
    Past rides include a 96 Grand Marquis, which was the most comfortable car I've owned, and a 80 2-door LTD, which was my first car.
    I have a real love for these land yachts, and can't wait until I can DD the 81 (current DD is a Mustang GT, which is getting less comfortable as I get older).

I look forward to talking with you all!

-Stu

Welcome! I'm also from middle of nowhere Ohio.
    2002 Mercury Grand Marquis LSE, Sylvania Zevo LED Headlights, MSD Blaster Coils, K&N Cold Air Intake, Dual Exhaust, 3.27's - Dally Driver

1983 Lincoln Continental Mark VI, Smog Delete - Summer Cruiser

Comment

Welcome to the forum Stu

What year Mustang GT?

Will you go carb with the potential new 302 or dabble with an SEFI conversion?

Love the username

-David
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Welcome! Early boxes are a relative rarity these days. Where'd you pick it up?
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          What year Mustang GT?

Will you go carb with the potential new 302 or dabble with an SEFI conversion?

Love the username
          Thanks!
          It's a 2008 that I bought new.
          I'll probably stick with a carb. The conversions look nice but that is definitely not in the budget right now.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
          Welcome! Early boxes are a relative rarity these days. Where'd you pick it up?
          I found it on Craigslist a couple years back. It was part of an estate, and only had two prior owners. I was very lucky to find it.

Comment

Welcome! I'll direct your attention here since you're basically local: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...roit-Meet-2019

While the crew from the last couple years has been more or less consistent, I'm sure I speak for all of us in saying we'd gladly welcome another.

Also you should keep an eye on my junkyard posts (from Detroit), because I find boxes constantly, occasionally including early ones.

Current driver: Ranger
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

Welcome!
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Welcome!

Not many people with the 255 engine. I think 82_withtheneons is the only other person I remember seeing on here in recent history that has had one.

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Originally posted by slack View Post
                  Not many people with the 255 engine. I think 82_withtheneons is the only other person I remember seeing on here in recent history that has had one.
                  Yeah, it's a bit of a unicorn. according to the wiki, it was only used from 80-82 as the base engine. I had no idea when I bought it. I only found out when I broke it open and noticed the cylinders looked small.

Comment

Welcome from Cleveland.
                    '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                    formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Working...
                    X