Adding a new stable-mate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a new stable-mate

I went to pick up a Jeep J-20 with a buddy of mine in NC over the weekend and lo and behold, the guy has granny’s 88/89 CV parked in the yard...really clean car, she popped the rad and kept driving until it wouldn’t go anymore. Lol. Lucky for me, I have an ‘89 in my backyard with a perfect 100k mi engine/trans. Otherwise the thing has a ton of new parts on it and the guy said I’d be doing him a favor buying it for $500 AND he’s going to deliver to me in SC!

My wife wants me to get it going as a third car and hold on to it for my oldest son to drive when he gets his license(5yrs away). Little does she know I’ll be adding my collection of parts acquired through the years and fall in love with it...JR can have my ‘01 when he gets his license. Lol. Once my long-term ‘85 project makes more headway, I can go ahead and start transferring more go fast parts. Either way, it’s something I can do with my boys, teach them some things and have fun in the process.
    '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Sounds like a nice grab.

You’re not too far away from myself and TecNickal. I’m across the border near Augusta and he’s up near Columbia, just in case you ever need anything you can’t find nearby.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Nice, I used to live in Aiken and pretty much lived at the pull-a-part in Augusta for awhile...now I’m upstate in Spartanburg Co. I’d like to be a bit more active here again, it’s been quite awhile!
      '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Right time right place!
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Cool good luck.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice score.
            All FORD All The Time

Comment

Tiggie- “right time right place” is an understatement! I’m never, and I mean NEVER in the right place at, or even near, the right time. Lol. Just awaiting delivery now, told the guy I have cash ready when it’s convenient for him(he’s in Beaufort, SC 2-3days a week so he literally drives past me every week.

Comment

Working...
              X