PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The one to get......Vac Valve

  1. #1
    I post a lot... Toploader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,709

    Default The one to get......Vac Valve

    So I just want to list this for those that may find they are in need of a vac valve for their rides.....1969-1989.

    D9AZ-19A563-A


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vac Valve.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	52586

    Green Sales has apx. 50 0f these in stock.
    Last edited by Toploader; 09-05-2019 at 04:37 PM.

  2. #2
    fomoco panthers !
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bangor,Maine
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Know how much "green" Green sales wants for that valve ?

  3. #3
    I post a lot... Toploader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Tom I picked up two for $12.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    Know how much "green" Green sales wants for that valve ?

  4. #4
    Beater gonna beat sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    21,109

    Default

    YG-337 (YG337) is the Motorcraft number. World plus dog has that as well.

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

  5. #5

    Default

    Rockauto still carries these too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    I post a lot... Toploader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
    Rockauto still carries these too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I had ordered one from Rock Auto..........was made overseas someplace........garbage...........hope the FoMoCo one from Green turns out to be better.

  7. #7
    Beater gonna beat sly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lewisville, TX
    Posts
    21,109

    Default

    Last YG337 I got was from Amazon. FORD logo on it and in the Motorcraft box with the D9 part number on it as well.

    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toploader View Post
    I had ordered one from Rock Auto..........was made overseas someplace........garbage...........hope the FoMoCo one from Green turns out to be better.
    Interesting, I got a used one on my 87 when I reinstalled ac and cruise. It works like a charm. I figure its hard to mess up a check valve but what do I know.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    I post a lot... Toploader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Last YG337 I got was from Amazon. FORD logo on it and in the Motorcraft box with the D9 part number on it as well.
    Can someone explain how this valve works, for valve dummies like me.

  10. #10
    I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    37,902

    Default

    most of them are just a flap that is designed to push out of the way if air flows in one direction and push closed if it flows the other way. Probably also has a small spring in there to keep it closed when nothing is flowing. The only real failure mode is the rubber gets hard and quits making a seal.

    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

    91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

    1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

    Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

  11. #11
    I post a lot... Toploader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    I do not quite get the reason the a/c and or heater blower motor slows down or stops entirely when the valve is known to be defective?
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    most of them are just a flap that is designed to push out of the way if air flows in one direction and push closed if it flows the other way. Probably also has a small spring in there to keep it closed when nothing is flowing. The only real failure mode is the rubber gets hard and quits making a seal.

  12. #12

    Default

    It doesnt, its the blend door that moves, it defaults to defrost. If you have eatc, when it loses vacuum itll blow out the defrost vents and will be hot, with manual ac it will blow out the defrost vents and will still be cold. The blower motor isnt affected. The blend doors are vacuum actuated and that check valve holds vacuum when the engine vacuum is low (ie. Wide open throttle).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    I post a lot... Toploader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
    It doesnt, its the blend door that moves, it defaults to defrost. If you have eatc, when it loses vacuum itll blow out the defrost vents and will be hot, with manual ac it will blow out the defrost vents and will still be cold. The blower motor isnt affected. The blend doors are vacuum actuated and that check valve holds vacuum when the engine vacuum is low (ie. Wide open throttle).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well before I replaced the valve the blower motor would actually stop ......even while on high fan!
    Does the valve work in concert with the coffee can?

  14. #14
    I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    37,902

    Default

    The blower will not stop or change speed unless you have it on auto. It just changes where the air comes out. It pulls air from the ouside too. If your fresh air vent is totally clogged and it normally is on recirc, it will seem to stop blowing air but the fan does not change speed. In auto mode the fan speed might change as it swings from cold to hot but it will speed back up as it swings through the center of the temperature range.

    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

    91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

    1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

    Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

  15. #15
    I post a lot... Toploader's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,709

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73 View Post
    The blower will not stop or change speed unless you have it on auto. It just changes where the air comes out. It pulls air from the ouside too. If your fresh air vent is totally clogged and it normally is on recirc, it will seem to stop blowing air but the fan does not change speed. In auto mode the fan speed might change as it swings from cold to hot but it will speed back up as it swings through the center of the temperature range.
    I must have been on the auto mode.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
GMN Approved Links!


www.rockauto.com www.adtr.net