The one to get......Vac Valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one to get......Vac Valve

So I just want to list this for those that may find they are in need of a vac valve for their rides.....1969-1989.

D9AZ-19A563-A

Click image for larger version

Name:	Vac Valve.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1305041

Green Sales has apx. 50 0f these in stock.
    Last edited by Toploader; 09-05-2019, 04:37 PM.

Know how much "green" Green sales wants for that valve ?

Comment

Tom I picked up two for $12.00.
      Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      Know how much "green" Green sales wants for that valve ?

Comment

YG-337 (YG337) is the Motorcraft number. World plus dog has that as well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Rockauto still carries these too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
            Rockauto still carries these too.

I had ordered one from Rock Auto..........was made overseas someplace........garbage...........hope the FoMoCo one from Green turns out to be better.

Comment

Last YG337 I got was from Amazon. FORD logo on it and in the Motorcraft box with the D9 part number on it as well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
                I had ordered one from Rock Auto..........was made overseas someplace........garbage...........hope the FoMoCo one from Green turns out to be better.
                Interesting, I got a used one on my 87 when I reinstalled ac and cruise. It works like a charm. I figure its hard to mess up a check valve but what do I know.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  Last YG337 I got was from Amazon. FORD logo on it and in the Motorcraft box with the D9 part number on it as well.
                  Can someone explain how this valve works, for valve dummies like me.

Comment

most of them are just a flap that is designed to push out of the way if air flows in one direction and push closed if it flows the other way. Probably also has a small spring in there to keep it closed when nothing is flowing. The only real failure mode is the rubber gets hard and quits making a seal.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I do not quite get the reason the a/c and or heater blower motor slows down or stops entirely when the valve is known to be defective?
                      Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      most of them are just a flap that is designed to push out of the way if air flows in one direction and push closed if it flows the other way. Probably also has a small spring in there to keep it closed when nothing is flowing. The only real failure mode is the rubber gets hard and quits making a seal.

Comment

It doesnt, its the blend door that moves, it defaults to defrost. If you have eatc, when it loses vacuum itll blow out the defrost vents and will be hot, with manual ac it will blow out the defrost vents and will still be cold. The blower motor isnt affected. The blend doors are vacuum actuated and that check valve holds vacuum when the engine vacuum is low (ie. Wide open throttle).

Comment

Originally posted by 87GrandMarq View Post
                          It doesnt, its the blend door that moves, it defaults to defrost. If you have eatc, when it loses vacuum itll blow out the defrost vents and will be hot, with manual ac it will blow out the defrost vents and will still be cold. The blower motor isnt affected. The blend doors are vacuum actuated and that check valve holds vacuum when the engine vacuum is low (ie. Wide open throttle).

Well before I replaced the valve the blower motor would actually stop ......even while on high fan!
                          Does the valve work in concert with the coffee can?

Comment

The blower will not stop or change speed unless you have it on auto. It just changes where the air comes out. It pulls air from the ouside too. If your fresh air vent is totally clogged and it normally is on recirc, it will seem to stop blowing air but the fan does not change speed. In auto mode the fan speed might change as it swings from cold to hot but it will speed back up as it swings through the center of the temperature range.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                              The blower will not stop or change speed unless you have it on auto. It just changes where the air comes out. It pulls air from the ouside too. If your fresh air vent is totally clogged and it normally is on recirc, it will seem to stop blowing air but the fan does not change speed. In auto mode the fan speed might change as it swings from cold to hot but it will speed back up as it swings through the center of the temperature range.
                              I must have been on the auto mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X