Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear disc swap, caliper mount size issue

ok group
    I pulled a 97 CV rear to swap into my 90 wagon.
    Now when I went to get pads for the calipers, I find that the pads aren't long enough to ride on the slider area and also the hardware to use for the pads to slide on wont
    fit on the caliper mount area.
    After measuring the distance between the caliper mount on this rear and others, I found that this mount is longer so hence why the pads don't fit.
    Any idea what it going on here? I looked up pads from 97 on up and they all use the same length pad.
    If I goto find another set of mounts, whats my best years or vehicle to shoot for? Explorer? Mustang or only crown vic?

Are you swapping a complete rear end over or just the brakes?

Are you sure the rear end came from a 97' and not a 95' or older because brakes were different 91-95 and 97-02.

Comment

Long story short it was a 97 Fire police car in the JY so who knows if it had parts swapped? But yes complete rear, also I swapped in gears from an explorer.

So I need to go check earlier years for parts? Or swap to something else? for the mounts?

Comment

If you can get a part number off the caliper that should narrow it down. It wouldn't be a 98+ rear in a 97, the rear suspension is different starting in '98.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X