PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: Anybody have the factory 6 CD changer (trunk mounted) to sell me ?

Default Anybody have the factory 6 CD changer (trunk mounted) to sell me ?

I'm trying to find a CD changer to fit my '01 HPP P74 Crown Vic. I'm super poor because of my year long battle with cancer so I have to pursue the cheapest option possible. My car is factory wired for the option so it represents a cheap and easy upgrade over the stock cassette player which doubles as the CD controller.

I have been to a few salvage yards but no luck so far.
    God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh - Voltaire

2001 HPP P74 All KYB (Bilstein next) upgraded intake and exhaust
    2004 CVPI P71 Full Koni suspension, upgraded intake and exhaust (now dead) - RIP

I have one complete with cartridge $80 plus shipping & paypal fees.

Cartridge ? I'm after the trunk mounted CD changer. Brackets would be nice. I don't need the in dash head unit I have that. What is the "cartridge" ? Excuse my ignorance, I have no idea what this unit looks like ... it was missing when I bought the car. .... ahhhh I just did some online googling. It's the part that you load the CD's into then you load THAT into the changer ... is that right ? Is it in good shape ? Do you know or is this pot luck for me ?
    Last edited by OzBloke; 09-08-2019 at 02:50 PM.
    God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh - Voltaire

2001 HPP P74 All KYB (Bilstein next) upgraded intake and exhaust
    2004 CVPI P71 Full Koni suspension, upgraded intake and exhaust (now dead) - RIP

The cartridge is the unit that that cd's load into that is then inserted in the player.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190908_154103519.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	52606The unit is in my Marauder worked fine but went a different direction when the factory radio took a crap.Also have a factory cd 6 radio that came in 05-07 Gm's & crown vic's works in 00-07's if your car originally had premium sound.If your radio has three gray plugs on the back this will work if it has 2 black plugs it will not. Same price $80 plus shipping & paypal fees.
    Last edited by Mustang Eddie; 09-08-2019 at 03:56 PM. Reason: added more

Quote Originally Posted by OzBloke View Post
    Brackets would be nice. I don't need the in dash head unit I have that. I have no idea what this unit looks like ... it was missing when I bought the car. Is it in good shape ? Do you know or is this pot luck for me ?
    Just removed it from the car here is what you'll get ...you'll have to find hardware to mount it in your car couldn't include it because the interior trunk panel attaches to them.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190908_180701379_HDR.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	52610

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

The bracket is the biggest thing you'll need plus the wiring. Keep in mind the trunk carpeting is different between CD changer and non CD changer equipped. You can make non CD changer carpeting fit, you just have to cut out a bit and utilize the piece that goes around the CD changer itself.
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Gone! But Parts from it will live on in others!