rumble strip sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
    Try to get a sound clip of it. I'm curious if it's the timing chain tensioners/guide being the problem.
    It is the belt tensioner bouncing. Presumably there is some drag on the AC compressor for some reason. I'm wondering if having too much r34 in there might be the culprit.

Comment

If it's as severe as it seems, the compressor may be wearing out or have too much oil in it. Too much refrigerant just keeps the system from cooling properly. Though it's really hard to do that with R134a without revving the nuts off the car when putting the gas in.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

is the fan working and is the condensor reasonably clean? poor air flow makes for high pressure and too much load. Or you may just have a weak tensioner spring and/or a belt in bad shape that is slipping. If it was overcharged enough to cause problems the high pressure switch would be cutting the compressor out.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X