PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First Panther. 97 MGM.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

98-02 brakes are noticeably better and almost bolt on. You need 16" wheels, but otherwise swap the hub bearing, rotor, caliper bracket, caliper, and pads to the later style for an extra inch of rotor diameter and dual piston calipers with larger brake pads. Worth doing if you're planning to autocross it.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I'm looking for someone to make me a set of stainless braided brake hoses. I've had them on all of my vehicles and loved the pedal feel.

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Talk to Toploader. He found someone to make stainless lines for his Studebaker Avanti. Apparently they can make whatever you want so long as they have a template. I forget where he got it done though.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Did some stuff. Replaced the idler and tensioner pulleys along with the serpentine belt to quit a squeak during cold starts.

I also replaced the spark plugs. They were crappy Autolite plugs that were never gapped properly. Ranging from 0.35 to 0.41. Replaced them with NGK Platinum plugs gapped at 0.54.

host gif online

Washed the car today. No issues to report. Looking at new speakers for the stock radio. Also looking to do the transmission service. Fluid looks good but is unknown.

Do you have to replace the Brake hoses? I'm looking at getting custom Stainless braided brake hoses made and would like to not make a second set.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12