X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seatbelt tensioner release plungers..

Hey ya'll.
    Can these be replaced.?
    Mine are stuck in, thus my belts are pulled out completely and don't retract.
    When they Ziebarted the car, they sprayed the hell out of this whole assembly. I can't even see how they come out.!!!
    I'd buy new plungers and cables(?) if they make them.
    Any idea if the mustang parts on LMR are the same.?
    All FORD All The Time

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
    Hey ya'll.
    Can these be replaced.?
    Mine are stuck in, thus my belts are pulled out completely and don't retract.
    When they Ziebarted the car, they sprayed the hell out of this whole assembly. I can't even see how they come out.!!!
    I'd buy new plungers and cables(?) if they make them.
    Any idea if the mustang parts on LMR are the same.?
    The plungers are pushed in? The plungers twist 90 degrees and pull out. Then there's a cable that is attached to the plunger to the release mechanism. If you can get new plungers and cables, please link me to them!

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      The plungers are pushed in? The plungers twist 90 degrees and pull out. Then there's a cable that is attached to the plunger to the release mechanism. If you can get new plungers and cables, please link me to them!
      I saw the bezel on LMR and thought I'd ask here before I go to them begging for info... Are these things really like finding hens teeth.?
      Holy Moses. I can't find them ANYWHERE...
      Mine are stuck in....
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Originally posted by clutch47 View Post
        I saw the bezel on LMR and thought I'd ask here before I go to them begging for info... Are these things really like finding hens teeth.?
        Holy Moses. I can't find them ANYWHERE...
        Mine are stuck in....
        If you can remove them you can probably unstick them. You can also see if it's the seatbelt mechanism itself that's binding up and not allowing the plunger to come back out.

Comment

this is what the parts manual lists as the retractor tenstion aduster plunger

https://www.npdlink.com/product/beze...plunger/202462

but that looks like just a rubber or plastic dingus. the manual does not appear to imply that the cable and plunger are considered a seperate item from the entire retractor assembly. I'd need to know what color interior you have to get a part number for that, but good luck finding them.

If the cable isn't broken you should be able to remove it and get it working again. I know I've done it, but I honestly couldn't tell you how. Seems to me the B pillar trim has to come off to get at the retractor, and then it becomes somewhat more obvious how it comes apart once you're in there.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'll try to pull them out again. I hate to break the GD things...because as it appears, finding another especially with blue belts is not happening.
            All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
            X