No announcement yet.

New guy from metro Detroit with a 79 tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome! You just need a matching suit, shirt and dress pants to wear at car shows
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
      Welcome! You just need a matching suit, shirt and dress pants to wear at car shows
      That would still be in the disco era. John Travolta style or worse. Some of you young folks might not know what disco was.

Comment

It was horrible. Do not listen to "Boogie Shoes" ever. Only thing worse might be "Poker Face."

I hated Saturday Night Fever. That one big bewb'd girl who was throwing herself at Travolta was the much better looker IMO, yet the movie fixated on the hag.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
          That one big bewb'd girl who was throwing herself at Travolta was the much better looker.
          TOTALLY agree.
          Crappy movie but her hips and curves made it worth watching. Those high waisted pants the girls wore back then were lovely.
          I do think the leisure suit is a great idea. A proper contrasting hat or gold framed sunbusters might make you the hit of the place.
          All FORD All The Time

Comment

Hahaha yep, that's what got me through that movie.

Comment

Haha I was raised in the post-disco era; if I dress up when I go out with this car it will be more in the fashion of the Beastie Boys in the Sabotage music video.
              Last edited by wastedrubber; 09-24-2019, 10:54 AM. Reason: signature test
              Current Fleet:
              2011 F150 Harley 6.2L with 2.9L Whipple
              2009 G8 GT LS3 with LSA on E85
              2004 MB CL600 Bi-Turbo V12 (For Sale)
              1979 Ford LTD 302...

Comment

I was raised in the Backstreet Boys era. I'll be damned if I embrace that trash.

Comment

Originally posted by wastedrubber View Post
                  Haha I was raised in the post-disco era; if I dress up when I go out with this car it will be more in the fashion of the Beastie Boys in the Sabotage music video.
                  When I got my '86 last year it didn't have a working radio, so I just played Sabotage on a bluetooth speaker every time I drove it for the first week (until I replaced the rotted out speakers and put in a good head unit).

Comment

Working...
                  X