New guy from metro Detroit with a 79 tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy from metro Detroit with a 79 tudor

Greetings, just finally got my first panther chassis, THE first panther chassis! Found a 79 LTD 2 headlight 2 door Arizona car with only 65k miles locally and got a pretty good deal on it. I have some big plans for it, though I'll probably just enjoy it for a bit as I'm getting overwhelmed with projects.

Eventual plan is modern 03+ chassis underneath, manual trans swap, and I've got a twin turbo 32v 5.4L i had built for my old Lightning that I plan to put in it.

Grew up in the backseat of my dads 4 doors and always loved these cars, can't wait to start tinkering with this thing!
    Attached Files
    Current Fleet:
    2011 F150 Harley 6.2L with 2.9L Whipple
    2009 G8 GT LS3 with LSA on E85
    2004 MB CL600 Bi-Turbo V12 (For Sale)
    1979 Ford LTD 302...

She looks minty fresh, interior looks to have been blasted with Aqua Fresh haha!

I love it, and welcome to the site! Some of us folks were trying to do our (what was starting to be) an annual metro Detroit meet up. Doesn't look like it's happening this year but we'd love to have you and that car should it pan out.

That's got all of the uniqueness that makes many a GMN'R all excited haha. Early taillights, single headlights, split front bumper, that mirror...
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

A '79 two door S model? Thats an uncommon one. Looks like a very base model. No OD trans, no power stuff. 302 or 255 ?
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice ride. I was eye banging that car on Marketplace last week.

I have a 79 tudor as well.

Comment

Welcome!

Very nice car, and local too!
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Nice, clean 79. Not many white over green around!

Welcome to GMN!
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

"Mint" interior!

Welcome. Does it have a Holley carb?
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Does have the optional passenger mirror. That is probably the most rare piece on that car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Very nice car. Enjoy it. Sounds like you have some great plans for it. Gonna be a fun car once you get that all done.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks guys I'm real happy with it, couldn't believe how dry and clean it was.
                    She's got a little 302 with a Holley 1850 on top, might be the slowest car i've ever owned lol.
                    Current Fleet:
                    1979 Ford LTD 302...

Comment

I haven't been on the web forums in a few years, glad to see this is still active. When I bailed, photobucket had just messed everything up, are there different photo link services or best to just attach them?
                      Current Fleet:
                      1979 Ford LTD 302...

Comment

Wow model S 2 door. Don't see that every day. Welcome!

Originally posted by wastedrubber View Post
                        I haven't been on the web forums in a few years, glad to see this is still active. When I bailed, photobucket had just messed everything up, are there different photo link services or best to just attach them?
                        Attaching if your account has space is usually best, if not, you can just use imgur.com and link the url in the post. (That's what I do these days)

'78 LTD | '87 Grand Marquis | '89 Crown Vic (RIP) | '91 Grand Marquis (RIP) | '94 Town Car (RIP) | '97 Town Car (RIP)

Comment

Welcome! That is a beauty! Really dig the look of the '79s and those wheels really work with it too. Obviously it'll need more once there's some power going on but looks really clean. Glad to see more people taking an interest and saving these cars. If i had the money and space i'd rescue every one out here since they're pretty much all rust-free.

Comment

Welcome. I remember seeing that car on FB or Craigslist...nice grab.
                            '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                            formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Welcome. Nice car. Clean and shiny as a new nickel.
                              I haven't seen a white/green car that nice...ever.
                              That'll be a great car for you, and when you go out in it...nobody will have one like it.
                              All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
                              X