idler arm washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

idler arm washer

I just replaced my idler arm and it only had a top washer, I was wondering if its supposed to have a bottom washer ?. When i installed the new one i did it with the top washer only, will i be ok?

Both bolts should have lock washers if I remember right. I don't recall it being anything special, just a lock washer of whatever size that is. 1/2" or M14 or whatever.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

What i meant to say was by the center link where it connects to the idler arm, so when i took it apart, it only had a cotter pin, then the nut, and a washer below that, then i used a pickle fork to seperate it from the center link and at the bottom of the stud on the center link there was no washer, I was just wondering if there was supposed to be one there, thanks

Comment

I think yours sound right. Here’s mine:

Ignore rust lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

mine looks the exact same (minus the rust) thanks for the pic!

Comment

ah, that. I thought you mean the bolts holding the idler to the frame.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
            X