Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another wheel fitment question probably covered somewhere here I could not find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet another wheel fitment question probably covered somewhere here I could not find

Hi guys I like dish type wheels that at least have some sort of lip to the wheel. yet my 07 wheels look like something you would expect to find a front wheel drive car.

The other day I came across a 2010 or so Crown Victoria that had staggered 17 wheels and tires.
    I asked him about the size and specs on the wheels which he shared and he claims even with the car lowered he does not have any rubbing issues.

My question is will these wheels or at least wheels with the same specs fit my car. I am not saying I want these exact wheels yet I do like the staggered look and I am not worried about rotating the tires since they will be dry rotted before they are worn from lack of rotation due to the low mileage.

I would just keep my stock tires and wheels since it does have new tires but the wheels look to have been sanded and painted by the dealer I purchased it from and the corrosion is peaking through the paint and peeling it bad.

I could spend the money and have them reconditioned but I just do not like the front wheel drive look.

OE Wheels 17 Inch Fits Ford Mustang 1994-2004 Bullitt Style FR01 Anthracite 17x10.5 Rim Hollander 3448
    Rear
    Rim Diameter 17 inches
    Rim Width 10.5 inches
    Offset 27 millimeters
    Backspace 6.81 millimeters

OE Wheels 17 Inch Fits Ford Mustang 1994-2004 Bullitt Style FR01 Anthracite 17x8 Rim Hollander 3448
    Front
    Rim Diameter 17 inches
    Rim Width 8 inches
    Offset 29.5 millimeters
    Backspace 5.66 millimeters

The rear tire size he was running is 255/50R17 and claims the Original 17 inch size will work on the front

I did check with a tire size chart to make sure what he said was true the to are ever so slightly different that it should not interfere with the abs or traction control since I think one good burnout would make a larger size difference.

Let me know what you think thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51Aepu5UnyL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	1305062
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

A 255 might be small on a 10.5" wide wheel. That tire size, however, retains the approximate diameter of stock tires, which is why i chose to run them. I have 255/50s all the way around on 8" wheels. Aside from having to roll the front fenders a bit, i've had no rub issues. As far as the wheel backspace, not terribly sure on the newer stuff. I know you can run a mustang wheel at 7 or 8 inches wide but you may need spacers on the rear with the 10.5"

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
      A 255 might be small on a 10.5" wide wheel. That tire size, however, retains the approximate diameter of stock tires, which is why i chose to run them. I have 255/50s all the way around on 8" wheels. Aside from having to roll the front fenders a bit, i've had no rub issues. As far as the wheel backspace, not terribly sure on the newer stuff. I know you can run a mustang wheel at 7 or 8 inches wide but you may need spacers on the rear with the 10.5"
      here are pictures of the guys car with these rims with black centers, the rear tires do look like they could be wider for the wheel yet I am not sure if they were wider if they would rub or not. I would like the widest possible so do you have any suggestions that may fit?Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	1285913Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1285914Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1285915