Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headers

Anyone have a link for a set of headers on a 302 (1985 Carb) that will bolt up without any problems, thanks for the help

If you are making no other changes to the exhaust, there is no spoon. The collectors on the manifolds are smaller than any of the headers and its not going to fit. If you're OK with having the flanges on the downpipes replaced with larger ones, then any shorty header for a Fox mustang fits fine.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thanks for the help gadget

Comment

The one alternative some go with is finding lincoln logs from a 1990 Town Car.

They are slightly less manifold looking and more header looking. They will also bolt directly up to your stock h pipe/cats.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thats a good idea and I like the look of them, I found some on rockauto and it looks like the o2 sensor holes are blocked off, hopefully it is because I obviously dont need them.

Comment

Originally posted by 1985crownvicltd85 View Post
            thats a good idea and I like the look of them, I found some on rockauto and it looks like the o2 sensor holes are blocked off, hopefully it is because I obviously dont need them.
            I’ve not seen aftermarket ‘90 Town Car manifolds. Got a link? Most of the time they just show the cast iron dumpster fires as the replacements on those cars.

My Cars:
            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I was looking at these: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+manifold,5860

Comment

Those are the normal cast iron lumps they installed on everything else.

I don’t have any good pictures, and photobucket ruined everything here.

The real ‘90 LTC units are tubular and flow a bit better. Your only source is going to be used ones though.

My Cars:
                -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

I wont find those near me, hopefully ebay has some, thanks for the picture.

Comment

When installing aftermarket headers, what can one do about the 02 sensor that connects into the passenger side exhaust manifold? Most aftermarket headers don't have an 02 sensor bung in that location.
                    1985 2-Door: CFI, K&N Filter, Edelbrock Performer 289 Intake, E7 Heads, BBK Shorty Headers, Summit H-pipe, Hooker Max Flow Mufflers, E-Fan, 3G Alternator, ASP Underdrive Crank Pulley, Bilstein Rear Shocks, Rear Lowering Springs, KYB Front Shocks, Front Lowering Springs, FTI 2400 Stall Converter, PA Performance Valve Body, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear, Eaton LSD Differential - I own the fastest CFI powered box to the 1/8th mile: 9.658@70.74mph
                    1991 4-Door (Dad's Car): Pro-M EFI, 306ci, Forged Pistons, Ford Racing Aluminum Heads, COMP XE264HR cam, Cobra 1.7 Rockers, Edelbrock Performer RPM 2 Intake, 30lb. Injectors, Custom 65mm TB/EGR Spacer, Pro-M 75mm MAF, BBK Ceramic Shorties, Custom Summit H-pipe, Walker Mufflers, Jegs Built AOD, Roadrunner 3000 Stall Converter, Ford Racing 4.10 Gear - Best 1/8th mile time: 9.76@72.03

Comment

Originally posted by sluggish91 View Post
                      When installing aftermarket headers, what can one do about the 02 sensor that connects into the passenger side exhaust manifold? Most aftermarket headers don't have an 02 sensor bung in that location.
                      If you use a mustang h-pipe the 02 bungs are on the downpipe rather than the header. Mine required relocating the bungs to clear the 02 sensors.

Comment

add a new bunghole.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If you want to run headers try and get Mustang headers you will need the O2 sensors or you will run like crap.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            add a new bunghole.
                            Haha, bunghole.

Comment

Working...
                            X