1992-1997 CV/MGM new or near perfect hood pad wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1992-1997 CV/MGM new or near perfect hood pad wanted

Wanting to replace the hood pad on the 96 CV. Looking for a new or excellent used pad.
    Another alternative is finding a vendor who will make a new one for me. Does anyone have any information on custom made hood pads ?
    So far I have come up with very little.

I would think any custom upholstery shop could do something for you in color matched leather or vinyl or even a more upscale material of choice. It would be spendy though, but then again, finding what you're looking for may require that expense anyhow.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The hood pads for the 90+ cars are designed to smother engine fires. They melt around the motor. That is why I am sticking with a oem type. Maybe someone has a junk hood with an excellent pad or has ordered one from a vendor.

Comment

Oh... hood mat... somehow I got dashpad in my head. I know there's something available out there for customer shaped versions of those as a few have gotten some made for their cars. I just don't remember where.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Advance Auto sells the "cut to fit" sheets of the insulation matting.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...i-3/10443216-P

Unless you can find some NOS parts, used will not be worth using due to oil/dirt contamination at this point due to age.

Comment

Thanks Sly. Advance has some good discounts right now. Aftermarket has to be the solution. No nos Ford pads anywhere in the US.

Comment

My hood insulation material arrived. 1" fiberglass mat. I have to trim to fit. Ordered the first one through Advance Auto Parts online with 25% off coupon.
              After I install one pad, I plan to order two more. Looks like Rock Auto will get the deal. Just slightly under $100 delivered for 2 with GMN discount.
              New insulation clips ordered via Ebay. Package of 50 top quality oem type. Less than $10 delivered.
              Pictures of before and after coming shortly.

Comment

Nice.

Comment

Working...
                X