RyPow's 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RyPow's 2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited

I finally found a 2006+ Towny that fit the bill, for a good price. This car was local to me, but spent winters in Myrtle Beach since it was 2 years old. Looks to have been owned by Avis for the first year, then went to our local Ford dealer where the previous owner bought it from. 164,500 km or 102k miles, dealer-maintained its whole life. I believe the only option it has (being a Signature Limited) is the sunroof. No HID headlights, unfortunately.

This will replace my 2006 MGM LS, which was a great DD but I've been craving a Towny for too long. Just planning on oil-spraying it and enjoying the drive.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190928_101641small.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	1305063
    RyPow
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX sedan - The "Sand Box" - 73K, towing package
    1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited, 102k, daily driver
    2006 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, 115k, winter beats
    1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car, 42k
    2012 F-150 5.0L 4x4, HD payload pkg (towing/hauling)
    2015 Toyota RAV4 XLE AWD (better half's)

Deer whistlers and what is that on the grille?

Nice new ride! Looks clean.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yup, chrome deer whistles for maximum geriatric factor! They came with the car. I will probably remove them, I may stick a pair behind the grille. The thing in the grille is the block heater cable. The rear bumper has a couple "park by feel" scrapes (the PO was 85 years old, after all) but on the whole, she is very clean for an Ontario car.

I de-grandpafied the intake tonight, P71 tube and removed the airbox trumpet. Induction noise enjoyment factor +10 [emoji16] Now waiting for the factory mufflers to rot out so Magnaflows can replace them. These motors sound too damn good to be hushed. I'll definitely leave the factory resonators there to kill the drone, though.

Makes me chuckle about when I got rid of my '02 MGM in 2008 and thought I'd never own another Panther. Now I have 5 in my posession....

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
      RyPow
      1987 LTD Crown Victoria LX Tutone Tudor - '96 Explorer 5.0 + 5spd swap in the works
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Cartier - previously owned by "navguy12" from thelincolnforum.net

Comment

Deer whistles don't work so just skip it altogether. They'll run into you if they feel like it, lol.. Dumb animals.

Don't wait for the factory muffs to rust out to change them or you'll likely have the body fall apart before the exhaust does, lol.. My 03 CV Sport still has it's original mufflers on it with 221K and just have surface rust. Just cut them off, install the Magnaflows and enjoy the new sounds
        These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Very nice. Congratulations on the car. It’s weird to see the block heater set up like it is on your 2006. At least on the 2003 and four models they had a nice disconnect right up under the hood. The hood liner even has a cut out for it at least on all the 2003 through 11’s

Those chrome wheels are very prone to peeling. Be careful. You may want to consider some steel wheels for winter?

Definitely nice to have a moon roof.
          -Nick M.
          Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
          03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
            Those chrome wheels are very prone to peeling. Be careful. You may want to consider some steel wheels for winter?
            Absolutely. I have a set of snows on rims from the '06 MGM. The rims on the Towny are in great shape still, so I don't want to ruin that.

RyPow

Comment

Originally posted by RyPow View Post
              Yup, chrome deer whistles for maximum geriatric factor! They came with the car. I will probably remove them, I may stick a pair behind the grille. The thing in the grille is the block heater cable. The rear bumper has a couple "park by feel" scrapes (the PO was 85 years old, after all) but on the whole, she is very clean for an Ontario car.

I de-grandpafied the intake tonight, P71 tube and removed the airbox trumpet. Induction noise enjoyment factor +10 [emoji16] Now waiting for the factory mufflers to rot out so Magnaflows can replace them. These motors sound too damn good to be hushed. I'll definitely leave the factory resonators there to kill the drone, though.

Makes me chuckle about when I got rid of my '02 MGM in 2008 and thought I'd never own another Panther. Now I have 5 in my posession....

Put the shortest little glasspacks that you can find on it, they sound amazing. Cheers on the new acquisition, i've been craving a town car for a while too, but currently trying to stick to small-block powered crap due to the parts pile i've accrued.

Comment

Working...
              X