Cats missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cats missing

So I bought my crown vic with both the cats missing and it was replaced with exhaust tubing in its place along with alot of muffler cement. now I was thinking of cutting the tubing off and replacing it with new tubing and using muffler clamps to hold them into place, I was just wondering whats the inner diameter of the tubing used for the cats, thanks for the help.

honestly I'd lop all that off and have an exhaust shop just make you some new pipes without the cats if you don't need them for inspection. The stock setup usually had slightly funky angles in and out of the cat so a typical straight in/out one doesn't fit in there very well.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      honestly I'd lop all that off and have an exhaust shop just make you some new pipes without the cats if you don't need them for inspection. The stock setup usually had slightly funky angles in and out of the cat so a typical straight in/out one doesn't fit in there very well.
      That's what I did and I'm thankful. No malarkey or rattlin' going on....AND I like the tailpipes dude made.
      All FORD All The Time

Comment

Working...
      X