gear change speedometer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gear change speedometer?

Changed from 2.72 to 3.27. my speedo is off by 16%. Is the fix a speedo gear or a tuner for an 03 Grand marq?

03 may be a tune. Unless you have a vss with a gear on the extension housing on the drivers side.

Comment

you want to tune it. Pretty sure they use the speed sensor and output shaft sensor together to control shift scheduling . Changing the gear, if its still got that, might make it do funny stuff.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes, tune it. Otherwise the trans will go into limp mode.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

For the time being(maybe 2 weeks) I've run it without rear wheel speed sensors. Waiting for them to arrive. It is impossible to get those bastards out without messing them up. seems to shift fine and seemingly at appropriate times. though obviously no ABS or traction control. I suppose I'll pick up a tuner to fix the speedo and maybe pep some other things up.

Comment

The wheels sensors are best removed by disconnecting the connector first and giving the wire some slack to the sensor for removal. Once you're in there, it's actually pretty easy to change those out. Also make sure the teeth on the tone ring aren't full of crap. That will screw with any sensor and keep them from working.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
              The wheels sensors are best removed by disconnecting the connector first and giving the wire some slack to the sensor for removal. Once you're in there, it's actually pretty easy to change those out. Also make sure the teeth on the tone ring aren't full of crap. That will screw with any sensor and keep them from working.
              they aren't difficult because of placement or anything. they are difficult because they get stuck in there with time and corrosion and dirt etc.

Comment

He's in Texas, he had to leave the state to find out what rust looks like. Usually I end up removing those things with a punch and a BFH to drive them out. They rarely let go nicely.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah... if rust... BFH. And we do have rust down here... but that's mostly in the panhandle.

Comment

Working...
                  X