Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

89 Colony Park receiving 96 V8 GT40 complete motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mustangs do use stand-alone cruise. I believe the thinking is since the Cali MAF panthers did not use it, perhaps the control hardware exists in the Mustang ECM as well, even if its not active or connected.

Curiously early 4.6 cars ran stand-alone cruise, the same module the early boxes did. They have a different part number but it will plug into the old system and work just fine. That cruise control system dates back to the 1970s. I've actually got an old book about new and awesome electronics in cars that was published in 1973 I think, and it has a pretty extensive description of how it all works, circuit diagrams of the module, and the wiring for the system. Not a bad design if it survived essentially untouched from the early 70s through the mid 90s at least.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
      Curiously early 4.6 cars ran stand-alone cruise, the same module the early boxes did.
      The reason for that is, they were running out of drivers inside of the EEC-IV processors as they were preparing to run the AODE, which would require more wiring inputs/outputs.

Comment

Working...
      X