1987 Colony Park - door panel lamps - what bulbs? NOT LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1987 Colony Park - door panel lamps - what bulbs? NOT LED

Can somebody pls confirm the bulbs in the armrest of a 1987 CP are 906s?

Just got the lenses from Pete and the sockets seem fine, just donīt know which bulbs to put in. The bulbs on both sides are long gone. Neither the owners manual nor my Chiltons state the type.

BTW, when do those light up, just like the rest of the courtesy lamps, i.e. upon opening the doors and/or turn the headlight switch knob?
    Regards, Alex

sigpic

I had 921s in the 88. 167 and 194 will work in a pinch too. Also depends on how much light you want. The 921s were pretty damn bright. 194 would be a lot more subtle. 906 is closer to a 921 (11 vs 18 watts) and should be nice and bright as well. They all work in that location.

And yes, light up with the dome/courtesy lights.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yes, 906 for those bulbs. Same base as a 194, but it's a bigger bulb. Yes, those will light up when opening the door (or just pulling the handle when locked). I honestly haven't paid attention if they come on any time the dome light is on, but I think they do.

Edit: Didn't see sly's response.
      Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
      ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
      ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
      ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
      X