No announcement yet.

Oil in Plug/Oil Well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will do that; in fact, I might do that for my Explorer as well. Thanks for the tip IPreferDIY

Comment

No problemo. I should have actually noted that the PCV valve is one of those parts that is worth sticking with OEM.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
      mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I usually stick with Motorcraft; or whatever came off the stock engine. Unless it's the '86 CV; and if the OEM Motorcraft parts are no longer available.

Comment

Yep, gonna be doing the intake manifold in the Spring. Getting a bit of steam coming from the back of hood. I think it's coming from the back of the intake; I saw it bubbling when I first fired up the MGM after the coil and plug replacement. Had to replace quite a bit of coolant this morning too. I hope it's not filling up the plug wells again.

Comment

Probably the heater core nipples in the back, that's where it split on my '98. Freaked me out so i just had a shop do it. In hindsight it didn't look all that hard but i mostly had no time to deal with it.

Comment

Which brand of OEM replacement intake manifolds is good? Dorman? Or some other brand?

Comment

The only good replacement is Ford.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X