This account is suspended ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This account is suspended ????

Today many times I tried to see what was going on and every time I clicked on the link or typed in the web address even with multiple devices
    I kept getting in very large letters that this account has been suspended another member also had this problem. So what happened?
    Was the site or is the site hacked?
    2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

someone forgot to pay the bill. thank goodness someone else i know had his phone number and that his number has not changed in 10 yrs.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Well it is good to know this site was not hacked. Glad its back.

Comment

i was wondering wtf was going on
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah... I slapped with my texts to get him to remember to pay the bills.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            i was wondering wtf was going on
            Even you?
            I got scared at the "account suspended" screen too. The message said to email to webmaster@gramdmarq.net. Which I did, to which I immediately received an automatic "could not deliver" -response.
            Among other babble it said:

"The following adress(es) failed: thain@gadget73.com (ultimately generated from webmaster@grandmarq.net) Domain [grandmarq.net] has an outgoing mail suspension. Message discarded."

I was intrigued seeing your name there. Later I checked if this site was up from another site, twas not.
            1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
            1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

I figured that's what was going on so I sent a message to kishy asking if Pete forgot to pay the bill. I figured he had a way of getting ahold of someone who could get ahold of Pete if he couldn't directly himself.

My other guesses were resource usage too high (don't think we've had that problem in a while) or hosting ran a scan that found a bad php script and shut us down (although someone would have had to ignore warning emails for that scenario).

Did you tell to pop in here? lol
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Telling Pete to get on the forum is almost like telling water to be dry. He seems to have more real life going on now than he knows what to do with. He is supposed to be passing the torch (control of the site) back to Tom, but he's been saying that for several months now.

At any rate, I'll keep annoying him with my texts when problems arise.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

I just think it is wrong to display in giant letters this account is suspended on our user screens. ( my first thought was I was suspended for some reason!! )

It is unprofessional of the hosting site to do this to a long term customer such as this forum and their members.

If it was a financial issue, lack of payment, or any issue at all with this forum they could have had a page that stated there is technical difficulties please check back later or contact administration ETC.

IMO there was no reason to have a message that this account is suspend in giant fonts. If I owned this forum I would tell them off and find another place to host this forum.

Comment

I visit the site from work occasionally and of course thought it was our IT peeps getting ready to slap my pee pee.
                    So how is the best way to donate to this thing.? I really appreciate this place and I have no issue tossing a few bucks in to keep it keepin' on.
                    All FORD All The Time

Comment

The Donate button on the main page. It uses PayPal though. So if you don't like giving up CC# or other info, don't worry about it. There's plenty of us that will jump in if the need arises and fill the coffers.

+1 the host error page is stupid. This is what we get for using a bargain host. But it has been pretty reliable for the most part over the years.

Comment

yeah this is fairly cheap hosting and they've been good about not being dicks. I used to work for a similar hosting co and they were asshats about things. Basically as soon as you got any sort of traffic you were shuffled off to the "abuse" server and yelled at to spend more money. They massively oversold their capacity and any time a site got some use they said it was a violation of TOS.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

+1 The hosting GMN is on is actually pretty good, especially for shared hosting.

I believe I'm familiar with that similar company. I inherited a forum at work a couple years ago, and have since found what you said is quite true about them. While on shared hosting it was awful. I finally convinced higher ups that our forum needed better hosting, so they finally approved dedicated hosting with the same company. Not my recommendation to stay with the same company, but we've only had one problem since May. Price tag is 10x more for dedicated hosting. That company split within the last month or two. Shared hosting was sold, along with some other stuff, to a company in Ontario (HostPapa). The dedicated hosting stayed and the company was rebranded (HostLabs). I believe our one problem (last month) was someone screwing something up while switching things for this company split/rebranding deal.
                          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

yep, thats them. I got out of the shared hosting support and was doing dedicated server setups before I left. I quit when they sent me a phone and basically said take phone calls or take a hike.

Comment

Originally posted by Arquemann View Post

Even you?
                              I got scared at the "account suspended" screen too. The message said to email to webmaster@gramdmarq.net. Which I did, to which I immediately received an automatic "could not deliver" -response.
                              Among other babble it said:

"The following adress(es) failed: thain@gadget73.com (ultimately generated from webmaster@grandmarq.net) Domain [grandmarq.net] has an outgoing mail suspension. Message discarded."

I was intrigued seeing your name there. Later I checked if this site was up from another site, twas not.
                              I recently had the exact same thing, just got it fixed yesterday the 7th of April. At least I think it was me fixed my link? I find this in a search after I got my link repaired.
                              No ... I'm not arguing with you ... I'm just explaining why I'm right ...

Now go ... and whatever you do ... have a safe trip!

Comment

Working...
                              X