PI Intake in civil 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI Intake in civil 2009

Please check my reserch in this case - am I need air cleaner assembly 8W7Z-9600-B and tube 5W7Z-9B659-BF ? If I good understand it's necessary to tune computer ? Am I right that air cleaner assembly sells by adtr is product 8W7Z-9600-B ?
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Since you already have a 2009 model, no need for tune. PI intake means power improved (2001+ engine), not police interceptor. If you change the MAF sensor, you'll need a tune. If you change stuff before and after the MAF sensor, but leave the MAF housing (tube the MAF mounts to) alone, no need to tune. It will still meter the air properly. Now if you add boost or port everything, you might need a tune. You can use the stock parts with the PI intake since it's the same as original equipment on your car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I'm guessing he meant CVPI instead of PI. I know earlier CVPIs always had larger MAFs for which a tune was required. I'm guessing that is also true for all the later ones too but don't know for sure.

Tasca currently has the 8W7Z-9600-B on sale for cheaper than the ADTR version:

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...mbly-8w7z9600b

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...be-5w7z9b659bf

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
      mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

My mistake - I meant CVPI. Am I good understand that air cleaner assembly 8W7Z-9600-B contains 80mm MAF ? 3L3Z-12B579-BA is 80 mm MAF ?
        '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

Yes, if you had a smooth top on the air cleaner box(70mm MAF section), and you want the one with ridges(80mm MAF section), you need a tune. Marty Ochs(MartyO, Marty's Speed Shop in Dallas, GA) is the go to tuner and can handle that tune with ease, just contact him on Facebook.
          If you put the airbox on your car without a tune, it will run lean.
          The MAF sensor is exactly the same though, only the airbox is different.
          Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
          1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackVic_P71 View Post
            Yes, if you had a smooth top on the air cleaner box(70mm MAF section), and you want the one with ridges(80mm MAF section), you need a tune. Marty Ochs(MartyO, Marty's Speed Shop in Dallas, GA) is the go to tuner and can handle that tune with ease, just contact him on Facebook.
            If you put the airbox on your car without a tune, it will run lean.
            The MAF sensor is exactly the same though, only the airbox is different.
            Thank You ! This is my engine bay, top of the air cleaner box is smooth:

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...88&oe=5E230550

If I will buy CVPI air cleaner assembly 8W7Z-9600-B I can use my old sensor, but it need to be retuned - am I good understand ? To tune engine I need something like SCT X4 or it's possible to make it in different way ?

Comment

You need a tuner, best bet is a custom tune.
              Marty is the go to tuner these days, https://www.mosspeedshop.com/

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

Here is a used part that may help you save some money on this project ( I am not sure how well it will clean up )

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-Ford-C...cAAOSw5utaekfd

I wonder how much the entire project would cost and what the end Dyno Proven rear wheel HP & torque increase to dollars spent would be. will it be worth it?
                2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

I asked if it would be worth it mainly because I have considered doing this and other mods to my 2007 and I keep coming up with in my head ( I have a 2007 Crown Victoria Sport that is worth x amount of Money if I sold it today )

In my head to go out of my way and spend any money turning my car into something it is not ( a fast car or faster car ) in the end what will it get me ( more speeding tickets, Hot women throwing themselves at my greatness, A cool YouTube Channel that gets me paid, or a car that is worth less than if I had left it alone )

I came up with Speeding tickets, and a car that is worth less than it is now plus empty pockets and a sore neck and back.

To me that seems a lot of time and money for little joy that will leave me wanting more.

Great I am all in where do I sign up LOL.

On a serious side since it seems like a tune is required for a completely bone stock car like mine wouldn't this job for me anyways be best done with other mods to the exhaust _ injectors, spark plugs etc then get it tuned.

I guess I would need a dummies guide for everything I need to do and spend to gain x amount of HP and torque on my bone stock crown vic.
                  Last edited by EaOutlaw1969; 10-15-2019, 05:16 AM.
                  2007 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post
                    Here is a used part that may help you save some money on this project ( I am not sure how well it will clean up )

I wonder how much the entire project would cost and what the end Dyno Proven rear wheel HP & torque increase to dollars spent would be. will it be worth it?
                    As per Ford in later years(2005+), the airbox/Ford stock CVPI tune is worth 11(CVPI = 250, LX Sport = 239), both have dual exhaust.
                    LX single exhaust to dual exhaust, airbox and tune should be around 26(LX = 224, CVPI = 250). Of course a custom tune may get you a bit more, but not a ton.

Comment

My MGM has dual exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers, also Jmod was made. Is my car factory tune for 87 petrol ? In Poland we have 95 and 98 - which corresponds Your 91 and 93.

Comment

Yes, the standard tune is for 87 octane gas. I've heard of people getting tunes for a higher octane gas.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                        mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

If modification MAF to 80 mm will give me loose of MPG ? I mean after tune ofc.

Comment

MPG should stay the same if you keep your right foot out of it. It just gives you more top end.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            Originally posted by gadget73
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by EaOutlaw1969 View Post

I just receive it today via DPD

Comment

Working...
                              X