No announcement yet.

PI Intake in civil 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will I notice the difference in sound after assembly of Interceptor intake ?
    '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

Probably not. You might hear a tiny bit more intake noise, but probably won't be noticeable while driving.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I already have airbox assembly and intake tube in my hand. I spoke with Marty and at beginnig of 2020 I will order SCT X4 with Marthy's tune but... I start to wonder if airbox assembly will fit to my car - I mean air compressor for rear suspension. I hope it will fit - Marauder also had air suspension and bigger than regular airbox assembly. Can You confirm my supposition...?
        '09 Grand Marquis LS - Light Ice Blue / Medium Light Stone, J-mod, dual exhaust with Magnaflow 11224, PI intake, Marty's tune

Comment

Pending a more definitive answer, AFAIK they all mount the same way on the fender liner, and I've never heard of any differences in the fender liners for whales.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
          mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I think there are small differences on height, but nothing to keep any years 90+ from mounting in place. May have to drill out the holes for different size bolts or to gain enough wiggle room to get things in, but other than that maybe, I think all the filter housings mount directly. As long as you have the large pocket under the airbox for the air suspension compressor... you should be fine. I don't have air suspension and keep a bottle of trans fluid for my power steering in that pocket.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Before mounting new intake I would like to buy new air cleaner assembly insulators - I found that there are lower and upper ones:

https://www.bluespringsfordparts.com...ir-intake-scat

but I can't find information about quantity - how many upper and lower insulators I need.

Does anyone know that?

Comment

Originally posted by Atropos View Post
                Before mounting new intake I would like to buy new air cleaner assembly insulators - I found that there are lower and upper ones:

https://www.bluespringsfordparts.com...ir-intake-scat

but I can't find information about quantity - how many upper and lower insulators I need.

Does anyone know that?
                Should be one per bolt. I think there's 2 on the wheel side and one on the air intake side (front of car). I think there's 3 total. Quick look at the filter housing will confirm that.

Comment

If Ford was being logical, I would guess the one on the front is a lower and the two on the rear are upper, but I don't know. IIRC, the one on the front goes into a J-nut while the two rear ones have regular nuts on the underside of the fender liner. I had to replace a front one once since the rubber gave before the top nut did, but I just got one from a U-pull yard.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
                  mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Working...
                  X