No announcement yet.

CFI base map, camshaft lift measuring and dropping the gas tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are you measuring a rich condition? Might be worth putting a voltmeter to the output of the O2 sensor to see what it has to say. If the O2 sensor says its flipping from rich to lean regularly, then the engine management is doing what it should do. if it swings from 0v to 1v back and forth, the ECM sees that as a normal mixture. Hanging at 1v is rich, hanging at 0v is lean.

some info on how to test a MAP sensor.

http://es.wellsve.com/sft503/counterp_v1_i1_1997.pdf

need a meter with frequency reading, or a tachometer to do it. Usually they work or they don't. When the MAP fails, the mix tends to be extremely rich and it runs like complete garbage.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Rich condition was measured by the mechanic at the tailpipe, and after all the parts changed and other stuff at the shop, its supposedly rich at idle.
      I'll be out of country for a week, can't do much now. :shrugs:
      1985 Mercury Grand Marquis LS, "Maisa"
      1995 Chevrolet Caprice Classic STW, "Sally"

Comment

Im starting to lean towards the map sensor now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll check the map sensor when I get home, my dad ought to have a spare tacho somewhere. Instructions seemed relatively straightforward. That's what I thought of testing the TPS, I need to depin the connector first to get the rubber waterproofing out of the way to backprobe it while it's conncected.

For now, I'll enjoy the weather here in Maspalomas, it's not cold, rainy or dark here. Tbh, I only minded it when trying to work on the cars.

Comment

Took a while to get to that...

Tach trick didn't work but multimeter had a Hz setting. Ign on not running I get around 130-150 Hz (0.13-0.15 kHz displayed). While idling, it showed around 80-100 Hz and increased a bit with throttle.
            Seems to be correct. Next ideas and hypotheses will have to wait until spring

Comment

Working...
            X