New to Ford, looking for some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to Ford, looking for some advice

I just bought an '89 MGM GS that I'm hoping to be using as a daily driver soon. Overall it's in really good shape, but I have kids who are still in car seats. Does anyone know where I can find 3-point shoulder seatbelts that will work for the back seat, and how difficult they are in install? Thanks

There's a couple of ways... but it mainly entails some cutting and metal work depending on what model belt you get. I used Aero rear belts and cut the rear deck enough to hold them and used extruded nuts (like the radiator fan shroud clips that the bolts screw into, but BIGGER) to mount them to the rear deck. You can also get the c-panels and belts out of a 90/91 model and probably adapt that to fit as well since 89 should have the bosses for mounting them. May require gutting the donor car for the mounting hardware too (both sides of the sheet metal). There may be other setups that will work as well. You will need ALL the belts (including the center) when replacing the current setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	1285766 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1285767 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	1285768 Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1285769 Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	1285770

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Awesome, thanks for giving me a place to start. Especially the pictures.

Comment

Working...
      X